Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: External power/reset switch on Playstation 2  (Read 997 times)

dennis808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2021, 08:40:00 am
  • Holy Sanwa-sticks!
External power/reset switch on Playstation 2
« on: November 17, 2005, 06:35:03 am »
I'm almost ready fitting my Playstation2 in my cab; I got it to automatically boot into HDLoader, so I can use my controlpanel to select games from the PS2's harddrive.
(more info on www.ps2hd.com).

The problem is that the Playstation won't turn on automatically when it receives it's mains power. Also, to return to the HDLoader menu, I have to reset the console.

I was hoping it would be possible to wire up a small external switch that can be mounted on the outside of the cab for resetting and starting up the console.

I'm a bit carefull because I don't know if adding a switch will cause the PS2 to act-up since it's protected against interfering with the hardware.
Has anybody ever rewired their PS2's power-switch?
"Complexity is the process by which the obvious is obscured by the irrelevant." -HSW

dennis808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2021, 08:40:00 am
  • Holy Sanwa-sticks!
Re: External power/reset switch on Playstation 2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 04:24:03 pm »
nobody?  :-\
"Complexity is the process by which the obvious is obscured by the irrelevant." -HSW