Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: zelda TP delayed?  (Read 2961 times)

Otraotaku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2017, 09:55:25 am
  • トラビス
zelda TP delayed?
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:36:40 am »
I went to Gamestop last week to reserve my copy of Starwars BattlefrontII and Zelda Twilight Princess, just like i had planned because they both SHOULD HAVE came out in November but it seems that Nintendo delayed it for some reason? anyone want find meh the article for why?, im lazy  ::)

SaiNRuB

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2022, 10:33:26 pm
  • Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy!
Re: zelda TP delayed?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 11:26:47 am »
IGN article

Yeah its a bummer, all in good time though.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:07:57 pm »
this was announced quite a while ago... i thought they had delayed it AGAIN.

Don't scare me like that.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

Otraotaku

• Offline Offline
  • トラビス
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 12:33:31 pm »
this was announced quite a while ago... i thought they had delayed it AGAIN.

Don't scare me like that.
lol

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 02:43:55 pm »
I hope they scrap the GC plans and rework it for the Summer '06 Revolution release.  They need all the star-power they can get on that thing.  And we've waited this long....
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

spiffyshoes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 01:24:46 pm
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 10:16:23 pm »
I hope they scrap the GC plans and rework it for the Summer '06 Revolution release.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 12:05:30 am »
Yeah...but that won't sell that many Revolutions.  It needs to BE a Revolution game.  It needs to take advantage of the new controller in profound ways -- fundamental ways.  It needs to take advantage of the increased horsepower, with higher res textures and more onscreen stuff like particles and lighting, etc.  Mostly the controller.  They can't just add a fishing minigame that can use the new controller for Revolution owners, but otherwise will play fine in the Gamecube.  They need to rework the control of the entire game from the ground up to use the Revolution controller.  And it has to really shine.

I mean, I don't know that they will do this, but I think they should.  It's not just a matter of being able to play it on the Revolution.  It's a matter of WANTING to play it on the Revolution rather than the Gamecube.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

TalkingOctopus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 03:39:02 am
  • @!#?@!
    • My Arcade
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:15:05 am »
well I want to play it on the gamecube.

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 04:29:50 am »
Pfft....You can't play it "NOW" either way.  it's already delayed until "sometime after March 2006"  That means at most it'll have three months on the Revolution. 

Best Kid iPad Apps

Otraotaku

• Offline Offline
  • トラビス
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 09:03:10 am »
Yeah...but that won't sell that many Revolutions.  It needs to BE a Revolution game.  It needs to take advantage of the new controller in profound ways -- fundamental ways.  It needs to take advantage of the increased horsepower, with higher res textures and more onscreen stuff like particles and lighting, etc.  Mostly the controller.  They can't just add a fishing minigame that can use the new controller for Revolution owners, but otherwise will play fine in the Gamecube.  They need to rework the control of the entire game from the ground up to use the Revolution controller.  And it has to really shine.

I mean, I don't know that they will do this, but I think they should.  It's not just a matter of being able to play it on the Revolution.  It's a matter of WANTING to play it on the Revolution rather than the Gamecube.

someone told me at gamestop that they were going to add some type of compatability for hteir new console, thats why its been delayed but other thean that im not so sure

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 02:18:20 pm »
See....it's a smart move, having some gimick in there that is unlocked by playing on the Revolution, but I really think they should rework it from the ground up.  Even if they started today they'd have time.  Hell, Nintendo made the original 1080 snowboarding from the ground up in that amount of time.  I think they should make it a launch title.  Zelda is the biggest thing Nintendo has.  Launching with a groundbreaking new Zelda title could do wonders for moving the new system into more households. 

Best Kid iPad Apps

romperwomb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2023, 06:07:43 pm
  • Plick!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 03:11:41 pm »
I WAS going to buy a GC but now that Resident Evil 4 came out on PS2, I'm for sure going to wait for Revolution to get to play this.