Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lazarus and U64Emu help  (Read 3149 times)

Homebrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2012, 09:48:55 pm
Lazarus and U64Emu help
« on: January 15, 2003, 04:45:38 pm »
    After finally finding all the files needed to run ki and ki2 on U64Emu, i've decided to add it to my Lazarus menu.   I started by trying to get KI recognized by Lazarus but so far no luck.  
    Here's what i have done so far.  I have my 2 directories on my D: drive.  I have my Lazarus directory and my u64emu directory.  I downloaded the wrapper kit for U64 and unzipped the contents to the lazarus directory(thus adding the new .cfg file and wrapper directory, and catver and dat files).  I moved the launcher from the wrapper directory into my u64 directory(same directory as the u64 emulator).  In my Lazarus dirs.ini i added the u64emu roms directory to the roms list.  I pointed this to d:\u64emu\roms.  I then added the u64emu directory to the u64emu.cfg file.  This config file points the exe location to u64-launch.exe in d:\u64emu.  Everything else in the config file was left to default.  I then recreated my masterlist and got the following error: "Run-time error '62':  Input past end of file.  when i hit enter it scanned for roms like normal.  The u64emu category shows up in Lazarus, but no games are listed with it.  I'm assuming this is due to the error i got generating the masterlist.  
    I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but i ran the u64-launch.exe manually from inside the u64emu directory just to see what would happen and i got this error: "runtime error '9' subscript out of range".  Don't know if that means anything or not, but So far this is everything i've done. I'm using u64emu v3.05.  Heres what my Lazarus files look like.

-dirs.ini(the relevant parts)
[Dirs]
roms=D:\Lazarus\roms;d:\u64emu\roms\

Primary Artwork Dir=d:\Lazarus\
Additional AW Dirs=

[startvd]
[path]
logo=U64emu.gif
caption=Ultra 64
useclones=1
searchstrings:5=U64Emu;5=U64Emu2
filters:
[/path]
[/startvd]

-U64Emu.cfg
extension=.img
path=d:\u64emu
exe=u64-launch.exe
send rom path=0
send exit keys=1
command line options;

I'm sure i've overlooked some small detail and thats the cause of my problem.  Something probably isn't pointing to where it should or something like that.  Any help is greatly appreciated though.  Thanx guys.

-Kevin

CM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2012, 08:59:17 pm
  • The internet?!? Is that thing still around?
Re:Lazarus and U64Emu help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 05:12:02 pm »
Looks pretty good.  Dunno.  Try putting a final "\" at the end of this line in your U64Emu.cfg file.

path=d:\u64emu

try changing to

path=d:\u64emu\

Homebrew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 05:21:05 pm »
Nope, no luck with adding the extra /.  

-Kevin

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2024, 04:09:27 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 07:10:29 pm »
That's part of your problem... only the old versions of u64 are supported.  Also check your dat file and make sure the names it  gives your image files matches what you named them.  

This question was already answered a long time ago by me.  Be sure to search the software board for topics.  :)

Homebrew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 09:43:28 pm »
Thanx howard, sorry to bring up an old topic.  I searched back a couple pages ,but i'll search farther back.   Thanx guys.

-Kevin

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2024, 04:09:27 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 10:23:20 pm »
it's ok i'm just trying to encourage people to use the archives anymore

:)