Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking back at the old games (please move if in wrong place)  (Read 1663 times)

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
Looking back at the old games (please move if in wrong place)
« on: August 06, 2005, 11:50:44 pm »
Ok...how these thoughts came to me was a little odd, I suppose, but anyway...

I've FINALLY gotten my MAME (tm) favorites file just about set up and was looking back through it via the cabinet snapshot section.  I realized two things as I did this:

1) what drew me to the game in the first place (some nifty
     - and at times jaw dropping - artwork)

2) why I so royally stunk at so many of them!

In regards to point 2, what I realized was how incredibly odd shaped some of the control panels were, and / or how angled the monitors were into the cabinets. 

I'm not blaming all my stink on the control panels...one had to have an idea of the concept of the game to play it well too.  Still though, even though I'm an infant when it comes to designing and building cabinets, I was amazed at how goofy some of them looked!

Remember as you read this 1) it's late at night where I am, 2) the only food I've had was dinner today, and 3) right now I'm high on peanut butter chip cookies and Coke with lime.   ;D