Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Act Labs TV Light Gun Setup...  (Read 1587 times)

melarky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 12:49:22 pm
  • If I could be any animal, I would be a llama
Act Labs TV Light Gun Setup...
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:10:15 pm »
Hello,

I bought an Act Labs TV light gun a long time ago, and I've since lost all of the packaging and paperwork and drivers that came with it.  I actually can't remember how I had it hooked up on the other computer I had in my cab, and now that I have a new computer in there, I tried just plugging it in and it's not working.  Am I doing something wrong?

Are there some drivers available online that I need to download (I checked act-labs.com and google, but couldn't find any).  My computer is running windows XP home, and the other one was running Windows Millenium, so I don't even know if these guns are compatible with XP (is that my problem).

Can someone help me with this, I tried looking for the box this came in, but my wife recently went through and "cleaned up" all of my computer boxes :)

testicle187

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2022, 09:34:53 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Act Labs TV Light Gun Setup...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 11:54:59 pm »
The act-labs Tv-out guns I had didn't come with drivers.  I just hooked them up to the s-video out on my video card and the USB port and loaded up windows XP and they worked.  Make sure you have it calibrated and that it is set on Player 1 with the slide switch on the side of the gun.  It should start working for you.  In MAME32 make sure you have "Mouse input enabled" and "Enable lightgun support" checked as well.  That should get you going.

melarky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 12:49:22 pm
  • If I could be any animal, I would be a llama
Re: Act Labs TV Light Gun Setup...
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 12:47:36 am »
I got it working finally.  It ended up being a problem with the USB hub I had (it didn't seem to work while plugged into the hub, so I plugged something else into the hub and plugged the gun right into the computer and it started working).

Thanks for the suggestions.