Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Getting Mame32 to remeber controller config  (Read 2767 times)

mikepaktinat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2002, 10:50:45 am
  • I'm a llama!
Getting Mame32 to remeber controller config
« on: December 19, 2002, 10:53:32 am »
When ever I change the config of mame's controller lay-out, it goes back to default when ever I restart mame.
I'm trying to get a gampad to work with it but each time I have to go and re do the button layout.

Any ideas?

Birdtales

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2020, 10:00:31 am
  • You won't like me when I'm angry.
    • Birdtales
Re:Getting Mame32 to remeber controller config
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 11:30:10 am »
I had this problem once. Had to check all of my files in the cfg directory. Some of them were set to "Read Only" I just selected all of the files in that dir and unchecked "Read Only" and my settings saved for each game.

Coming Soon

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 12:28:27 pm »
a 'read only' problem can often occur if you copy files from CD to your hard drive..

see.. on the CD they are set to read only typically.. so if you copy the file from the CD to your HD.. it too could be read-only..

toilet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2005, 11:53:45 am
    • Briefcase Emulator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 04:01:16 pm »
Quote from: mikepaktinat
Any ideas?

Haven't had that problem, but you can setup a global config file to use as a default mapping across all of mame[32]. They're under Mame32's ctrlr directory. You can create your own 'GamePad' folder with a 'default.ini' in there.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2024, 01:42:43 am
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 02:55:26 am »
see.. on the CD they are set to read only typically.. so if you copy the file from the CD to your HD.. it too could be read-only..

Actually it's even more rgid than that.  All files burned to cd are automatically set to read-only by default.  Even on a cdrw it's hard to have them not set as read only because of how most cd file systems work.  Anyway I just wanted everyone to realize how real a problem this is for everyone. When you copy from a cd select everything once you've moved the files and change them from read only.