Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AdvanceMenu problems  (Read 1208 times)

lordsnipe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2014, 11:49:06 pm
AdvanceMenu problems
« on: December 17, 2002, 10:35:45 pm »
Hi, I am currently using Win98SE in my cabinet along with a GF4-440MX video card and using the TV out with S-Video.

Looking on the card support list, it says the 440MX is supported with the SVGAWin driver, however, the driver only supports NT/2000/XP and wont install in Win98.

When I try and run advcfg, it says that there is no driver supporting my card. When I run AdvanceMenu, it says there is an error initialising the video driver.

Playing with the hardware acceleration settings in display settings, I can get Advancemenu to run. Sweet! However, now since hardware acceleration is turned down, some games in mame won't hwstrech properly. ::)

I've tried running advcfg and advv with hardware accel turned down. advcfg still spits an error message and advv does nothing. I'm really stumped as what is happening.

I really like AdvanceMenu as I like the way all the originals are presented in a list and you can hit a button to select a clone of the parent game. If anybody could enlighten me how to get AdvanceMenu running with full hardware acceleration, I would be grateful. Is there a SVGAWin driver for 98?