Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Special Criminal Investigation (the game)...  (Read 2191 times)

edwardvci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2009, 08:56:49 pm
  • Insert Coin.........!
Special Criminal Investigation (the game)...
« on: May 12, 2005, 05:47:11 pm »

:)I just had donated to my youth group a Special Criminal Investigation game by taito . After checking out the unit  I have 2 problems 1 no sound 2 no force feedback. Everything looks to be there and connected but those two things do not work. If anyone knows were I can find some docs or info for this it would be appreciated

I have already been to KLOV

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Special Criminal Investigation (the game)...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 05:13:09 am »
Well on MOST SCI's I have seen the force feedback motor is actually disconnected. Insure that it IS connected. No sound could be a few things, disconnected speaker wires, defective speaker/s, volume turned all the way down, bad volume pot, lack of -5 voltage, or something wrong with the board itself.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

APFelon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:10:35 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 07:02:07 am »
...and if the force feedback is disconnected, there is probably a mechanical problem with the assembly.  Perhaps you might get lucky, though. I used to disable the shaker motor on my Outruns because it would cause problems like shake screws loose in the long term..

Where did this SCI come from? If it came off of a route location, the volume might just be turned down. We had some clients that wanted the volume lowered or actually turned off because it was disruptive to their business.  So check the volume pot and check to see if there is a software volume adjust (I don't recall if SCI has one).

Good luck!

Apf

edwardvci

• Offline Offline
  • Insert Coin.........!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:32:24 am »
I will check out the wiring and powersupply more this weekend. There are two pots attached to the coin door I figured one was for sound, But neither seem to do any thing.

Not sure of the life of this machine was setting in a storage building but was probably in a night club. Also there is a metal plate on the outside of the machine that reads Baily Circus arcade.

edwardvci

• Offline Offline
  • Insert Coin.........!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:52:15 pm »
anyone got info on the dip switch settings?

edwardvci

• Offline Offline
  • Insert Coin.........!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 06:33:48 pm »
found the switch info in Mame.

no sound was due to bad connection on aux power supply board.

No force feedback was due to blown fuse on the other aux power supply and the force feedback cable was plugged in backwards.

Everythings working fine except for a bad solder joint on the monitor chassis.