Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dreamcast -- How to connect two controllers at the same time?  (Read 995 times)

sofakng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 04:19:21 pm
Dreamcast -- How to connect two controllers at the same time?
« on: January 13, 2005, 08:15:40 pm »
How can I hookup two Dreamcast controllers and an IPAC/2 up to my arcade controls?  I was going to use a DB25 switch but I've been told that if I do it that way I can only hook-up one DC pad at a time (each pad takes up 13 pins so a 25 pin connector won't work for two pads).

Is there any other way I can hookup both the *two* Dreamcast controllers and switch it between my IPAC?

Hiub1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 11:43:25 am
  • www.sleepyjack.com
Re: Dreamcast -- How to connect two controllers at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 08:25:40 pm »
I think that you don't understand what I am talking about. By having each of the player inputs on the Ipac hacked to a DB25 connector, and by having each set of controls for each player hacked on to another DB25, you can switch between the Ipac and the DC. Instead of using 1 switch you would just have to use 2. All you are doing is separating all the inputs to a per player  basis. This way it becomes fully modular, and Ipac player 1 can hook up to player 1 arcade controls, or DC player 1 can hook up to arcade controls, or both at once. I don't know if that makes any sense, but see if that explains it.