Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: exporting and saving the swatch palette  (Read 1059 times)

zorg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
exporting and saving the swatch palette
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:08:43 pm »
In order to make color correction/matching/modification I would like to provide my illustartor files with the corresponding color patterns I used, is there a way to provide such palette specification ??
I'm on the planning stage

Oddfeld

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2021, 07:04:15 am
  • I was Jeff Minter's llama!
Re: exporting and saving the swatch palette
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:42:21 pm »
You can save or import a swatch library (or graphic styles, or brushes, or symbols) from the flyout menu on the side of that palette.

When you choose 'open swatch library' from that menu, you can scroll down to 'other library' to browse for an illustrator file that isn't saved in the library folder in your illustrator installation.

So, let's say you've designed a CPO that you've made a load of custom swatches for, and now you have a new document for a marquee that will use the same colour scheme - you can load your CPO file from the swatch palette of your marquee file and instead of opening up the CPO, it'll just open up the swatches you used in the CPO file as a new swatch palette. You can just use those swatches from that window or drag the ones you need into the main swatch palette for your new document to save having to keep reopening the CPO 'swatch library' every time you work on the marquee.

Same deal for symbols/brushes etc.

zorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
Re: exporting and saving the swatch palette
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 03:17:37 am »
thank's

I'm discovering new things everyday with you guys. 
I'm on the planning stage