Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help! Trident 9750 and Electrohome g07-cbo  (Read 2053 times)

jimmyjames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2002, 02:19:54 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Help! Trident 9750 and Electrohome g07-cbo
« on: September 02, 2002, 02:28:08 pm »
Can anyone help me out here? I think the word "desperate" comes to mind...
I am using a trident 9750 and electohome g07-cbo 19" monitor. I boot to arcadeos, and everything looks great. However, when I go into a game (dos mame), all I get is vertically scrolling skewed games. Is this just a mame.cfg setting problem, or do I need more hardware (scan convertor or something...)?
Any help would be much appreciated!

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re:Help! Trident 9750 and Electrohome g07-cbo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 09:02:36 pm »
Try Fraggal's boot cd or use pieces of it to setup Arcadeos and Advance Mame.   Mame itself does not support arcade monitors any more so try this link and go to the downloads section,

http://mame.how.to/

Read the supporting docs and you should have a dos based mame setup for arcade monitors.

BobA

Davestar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm
Re:Help! Trident 9750 and Electrohome g07-cbo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 09:36:18 am »
Jimmy,
     I hope you are running with a JPAC or something similar to keep your monitor safe, sending higher frequencies to the monitor than it can handle can damage the monitor permanently.
     I agree with BobA, as I had the same monitor as you, and had no problems with Arcadeos and Advmame.  I would go to http://advancemame.sourceforge.net and download the latest advmame zip file.
    Then unzip, run advcfg.exe, and set it to standard monitor 15khz.   There was one setting you do need to blank out in Arcadeos, but for the life of me I can't remember it.  Arcadeos works well with Advmame once you blank this setting, you'll know it by the error it generates.  
      Oh yeah, are you sure its not a horizontal frequency tuning issue?  If you remember old tv's that had horizontal hold knobs on them, so does your monitor.  Have you tried adjusting that?
      Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2002, 09:39:17 am by Davestar »
--Dave