Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monitor tech question  (Read 1003 times)

Slice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2003, 05:06:43 am
  • I'll get there!!!
Monitor tech question
« on: August 30, 2002, 04:22:14 am »
HMMMmmmm - I wonder could anyone help me,
The picture in my monitor tube is smaller than the actual tube size - the tube is a 21" but the picture seems to come in at about 19". I've adjusted all the trim pots on the back but it still is too small. I know this was repaired at some stage and that this was the result.
My question is, what sets the screen size from the PCB - Are they factory set up to a certain size i.e you need a PCB rated to display 21" to actually display 21"? Or is it do do with something else?

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
Re:Monitor tech question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 11:29:50 am »
video cards can do it. :)

ati cards has the software where you can stretch the screen.if you tried videocard then no idea but try to download the lastest driver for you card and see if you can streatch from there.

Slice

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2003, 05:06:43 am
  • I'll get there!!!
Re:Monitor tech question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 12:38:40 pm »
Hi Snaaake,
Sorry didn't explain myself right - It's the actual monitor itself you see. With no signal the projected image on the tube is too small. That's the problem you see.

Thanks,
          Slice.