Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ARGH, still befuddled.  (Read 889 times)

jammadave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2005, 04:07:28 pm
  • cats$ chown -R us:us yourbase/
    • Jammadave's Home on the Web
ARGH, still befuddled.
« on: August 18, 2002, 03:31:05 pm »
 >:( ??? :'(
originally posted to glaunch list, but there are other issues at work here as well, so...

hey guys - okay, i have SIX DAYS to get this thing working tip top.

i dunno what's wrong with gamelauncher (or with everything else), but here's my list o' symptoms

1. trying to start game in dos mode, using autoexec to get straight to glaunch.  i get the "running gamelauncher..." message followed by "_gl032.exe, cannot run gamelauncher"

2. i have to then go to windows and poke around, but then when i start glaunch it comes up fine.   that is, the menu itself.  but my ROMs aren't there.  I have gl's mame.cfg file set to use_rom_file = no, and rom_directory = c:\windows\desktop\mame\roms - which i have confirmed has several ROMs in it.
(and i know it's not because it's on the desktop, i always put game stuff on the desktop so it's easy to find.) - so dave do i use absolute path or relative path and if so, relative to what?

3. and i'll pay cash money to anyone who can set up my godforsaken ensoniq pci soundcard to just plain work, period.  i just want the machine to make noise, whether it be in windows, dos, taking a header off a cliff in zanzibar, something, anything.  i have downloaded drivers from 18,000 different places and followed the instructions to the letter and my computer is still none the wiser.

thanks
dave
hammer in hand.
Jammadave - Arcade collector.
Current Collection:  MsPac, Asteroids, Joust, KickMan, Hydra, Warlords (cocktail), plus Fish Tales & Creature from the Black Lagoon (pinballs)