Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Act-Labs Light Gun /ArcadeVga /D9200 issue finally resolved!  (Read 2660 times)

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Act-Labs Light Gun /ArcadeVga /D9200 issue finally resolved!
« on: April 17, 2004, 12:59:08 pm »
A few people have had problems getting the D9200 with ArcadeVGA to work with the Act-Labs gun.
I finally have an explanation as to why most people have this working but a small minority have problems. The issue is this:
P1279201 Video/Sync input board for the D9200.  The older Rev. B version did not work with the Act-Lab light gun but the newer Rev. D version is fine.
Wells-Gardner tech support are aware of this issue. The boards can be upgraded but there are many components to change. I expect W-G would be able to do some kind of swap-out, but I would not think, or expect, them to do it without charge, as it's not really a defect in the design but a compatibility issue.
Andy

KevSteele

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2021, 08:42:43 am
  • Retrogaming Media Mogul in Rehab
Re:Act-Labs Light Gun /ArcadeVga /D9200 issue finally resolved!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 01:55:47 pm »
Well, I'm glad we at least know why some D9200's doesn't like the AVGA card.

I'm not sure a board swap to enable a $35 light gun is a good investment, but if I get desparate to shoot something (virtually, of course) I may have to contact Wells Gardner and see what we can work out.

Kevin
Kevin Steele, Former Editor and Publisher of RetroBlast! and GameRoom Magazine

DeathMonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2015, 02:01:12 pm
    • MameStation.3
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 10:01:48 am »
How can we tell what revision our D9200's are?

Now with cup beer holders!

KevSteele

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2021, 08:42:43 am
  • Retrogaming Media Mogul in Rehab
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 10:09:04 am »
DeathMonk,

I'm pretty sure the Revision is marked on the boards - I know I have a Rev. B boardset, as I originally had a Rev. C set (which also has the lightgun problem) and got a Rev. B set of boards when my original boards died.

I can't get access to the back of my D9200 right now, as it's bolted into my cab, but if you can take a look at the boards themselves and I'm sure you'll find the revision marked somewhere.

Kevin
Kevin Steele, Former Editor and Publisher of RetroBlast! and GameRoom Magazine