Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Light Gun -- That will work on a projection TV?  (Read 1670 times)

Justin Z

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2024, 11:38:52 am
Light Gun -- That will work on a projection TV?
« on: April 16, 2004, 03:35:09 pm »
Anyone know of a light gun out there that'll work on a projection TV?  I have my mame machine hooked up to the TV both to save on cost and also to obviously generate a bigger picture.  Anyone have any ideas?

~Justin

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re:Light Gun -- That will work on a projection TV?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 03:47:58 pm »
no..  

ok... really probably not...

you MIGHT get it to kinda work with one of the old 3 bulb versions (because I believe they had a crt type inside the bulb).

but anything that has an LCD on it... nope.

Justin Z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2024, 11:38:52 am
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 09:29:14 pm »
The television is older, but it's rear, not front projection.  It does, however have multiple tubes, maybe that is what you're talking about?

Crossbow was one of my favorite old games, as was Operation: Wolf.  So it's a pity if there's no way to get it to work.

Thanks for your help.

~Justin

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 09:43:01 pm »
Even if you do get a lightgun to work I think it would flash so much that you wouldn't want to play Operation Wolf with it. I don't know if all lightguns work the same way, but the one I had would flash the screen when a shot was fired. Doing that with an uzi would mean a "seizure" in a hurry.

BTW Operation wolf did not use a lightgun, so if you could find a gun like it used you could use that on any screen I guess.
This signature is intentionally left blank