Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade out of sync in Attract-Mode  (Read 889 times)

Diogo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 07:29:04 pm
  • Learn a little every day ....
GroovyArcade out of sync in Attract-Mode
« on: June 19, 2023, 09:49:34 pm »
Hello, I installed GroovyArcade on a pc with an Amd 5750 1gb video card, a tube that I took from a tv, an arcade monitor (from the electromatic brand) and a jpac (with the jumpers at 15 and 31khz)
The Attract-Mode selection screen is out of sync but when I press enter on the keyboard and enter a game, the jpac sync light comes on again and the game image appears normally...but when I press the key esc to exit the game and go back to Attract-Mode...exit sync.
(Google translator)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0SEDAv3Xcro

I appreciate any help...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 07:02:17 am by Diogo »

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:42:02 am
Re: I posted a video about my problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 11:33:29 pm »
What I can see, from watching your video, is that you have a problem with your emulation/computer/frontend. Looks like you are losing 15khz sync when quitting back to either your frontend or desktop.

I know you posted about something earlier, but you need to explain your issues right here. You can insert a link to the old thread. Nobody will think to remember and look it up. I know language is an issue, but communication is more than language. You must step up, make an effort. Otherwise nobody else will.

Very briefly explain what you are trying to do, and why it is wrong.

Put keywords in the subject line, so people with right knowledge/skills can help.

Include all specifications especially about

- computer, hardware & software
- monitor
- connections, JPAC etc.
- anything else I haven't thought of

Good luck!  8)
Check out my completed projects!

Diogo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 07:29:04 pm
  • Learn a little every day ....
Re: I posted a video about my problem
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 06:39:12 am »
What I can see, from watching your video, is that you have a problem with your emulation/computer/frontend. Looks like you are losing 15khz sync when quitting back to either your frontend or desktop.

I know you posted about something earlier, but you need to explain your issues right here. You can insert a link to the old thread. Nobody will think to remember and look it up. I know language is an issue, but communication is more than language. You must step up, make an effort. Otherwise nobody else will.

Very briefly explain what you are trying to do, and why it is wrong.

Put keywords in the subject line, so people with right knowledge/skills can help.

Include all specifications especially about

- computer, hardware & software
- monitor
- connections, JPAC etc.
- anything else I haven't thought of

Good luck!  8)

Thank you... I'm changing the post and explaining better.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2024, 01:50:38 pm
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
Re: GroovyArcade out of sync in Attract-Mode
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 06:01:44 pm »
The reason is that it's not outputting 15kHZ. So it shouldn't even output 15kHz during the boot process, and you don't even see the boot splash screen with the filling bar. Am I right ?

The best in that case is connect to the network through SSH with putty, run sudo gasetup, go in the troubleshoot menu, generate the required logs and then send me the returned link.