Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What joysticks fit in Twin Cobra control panel  (Read 505 times)

1supercomputertyler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 06:48:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
What joysticks fit in Twin Cobra control panel
« on: April 30, 2023, 10:41:54 pm »
I have a centipede cabinet that someone converted to Twin Cobra many many years ago and installed a jamma harness in. I want to throw a 60 in 1 in to get a cheap multicade (the cab was like 60$) so I want to replace the joysticks with either a 4 way stick like the pac/gal anniversary happ stick or a jstik/jstik+. I just want to know how to tell if the mounting will be compatible with this control panel. Thanks for any help!

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:16:01 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: What joysticks fit in Twin Cobra control panel
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 07:35:44 am »
Coincidentally, I have exactly the same cabinet with the Twin Cobra conversion.  I replaced one of the sticks with a Dominux to use during the testing phase.  I don't recall if I needed to enlarge the holes slightly to get a better fit onto the existing studs, but I suspect that would be the most you might need to do for that metal panel.  Just use sticks which use the traditional "American" mounting pattern, and you should be ok.

Sticks in that category from our catalog include:

Dominux
OMNI2
Pac-Pro
Super-Pro
Competition