Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LED Blinky Won't Light  (Read 995 times)

Rhoran

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2023, 01:28:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LED Blinky Won't Light
« on: October 28, 2022, 10:38:09 pm »
Hi everyone.

I am using LaunchBox 12.16, LEDBlinky 8.2.0.4, and MAME .248.

I ran the LEDBlinky wizard to configure all my lights and controls; then I made sure everything matched in MAME, both I-PAC 2 boards, and GenLEDBlinkyInputMap. However, I can't get Launchbox to run LEDBlinky when I boot it. In order to light anything, I have to run LEDBlinky standalone. Then it plays the startup animation I set, lights up my custom BigBox controls (Plus one extra button for some reason), and nothing else. I want to light the appropriate controls for each game in both LaunchBox and BigBox when the game is selected as well as during gameplay. I don't really care about lighting the BigBox controls, but it also doesn't work when I uncheck that box in LEDBlinkyConfig.

I have set OSD Output in the mame.ini to Windows, generated my own mame.xml file following the instructions on the LEDBlinky website, and even tried moving the LEDBlinky folder to the root of the LaunchBox folder (NOT in the plugins folder).

I watched the old Maverick's Arcade series on LEDBlinky (but not his live streams where he helps people over the phone) and even tried following this video: Old LaunchBox seems to have needed a file path to LEDBlinky, but that is gone now. Even on the LEDBlinky website, it says I can install it anywhere and it just works.

Well... Not for me...

Is there a setting I need to check in LaunchBox or something to activate LEDBlinky or tell it where it is?

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 09:49:44 am
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Re: LED Blinky Won't Light
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 07:07:47 pm »
Is there a setting I need to check in LaunchBox or something to activate LEDBlinky or tell it where it is?
In options in the Integrations section:

Rhoran

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2023, 01:28:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LED Blinky Won't Light
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 11:21:14 pm »
Are you freaking serious?!

GAH! I can't believe I missed that!

Thank you!