Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Holster for ActLabs TV USB Light Gun  (Read 1437 times)

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
Holster for ActLabs TV USB Light Gun
« on: February 29, 2004, 08:10:55 pm »
Ok, I do not want to make a holster and I do not want to get a "true" gun holster.   I really want to find an arcade gun holster which fits the ActLabs TV USB light gun.   Thing is, I need it to be able to be mounted on the "side" of my arcade cabinet.    Does anyone know where to get (or from which game to get) an arcade gun holster which mounts to the side of a cabinet?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 08:11:16 pm by unclet »

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
Re:Holster for ActLabs TV USB Light Gun
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 10:59:55 am »
Many people are interested in this, and as yet I haven't seen any good solutions that are fairly simple to implement.  If you find any thing, please share.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

Sasquatch!

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:20:14 pm »
http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=12899

Raider used 2x4 strap mounts as holsters on his EmuChrist cab.  Not a perfect solution, but not bad either...

GamingGreg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2018, 06:04:30 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 02:49:30 pm »
I don't know of any any arcade holsters that will fit the act-labs gun, so you're left rolling your own I believe.  I've heard of people using various items like cup holders, rubber molding, large pipes, etc. to mount them (whatever works best for you).  Some have even made traditional leather holsters as well.  Others have simply cut a hole in the front or side of the cabinet and lined the edges with felt.  I planning on using a 3" black pipe coupler lined with felt.

Good luck in your quest for the perfect holster!  If you find something you think works well, let us all know.