Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RGB strips..... Power adapter  (Read 1023 times)

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
RGB strips..... Power adapter
« on: January 10, 2021, 08:53:56 pm »
So I originally had single color led buttons and balltops, color changing coin eject leds, a blue led strip underlighting, and a white led strip marquee lighting all just wired up to the 12v and 5v molex pinouts of the PC's power supply.

Now Im giving the cab a facelift and ordered ultimarc rgb goldleaf buttons, rgb lights for joystick holes, and 2 led pac64 boards.

Im going to power each pac64 with a 5v 3a wall power adapter....

So that just leaves coin eject buttons, marquee led strip, and instead of the blue underlighting led strip im going to go with an rgb strip underneath and another couple strips behind the cab.

Im not so anal that i need the coin eject and strip lights to be controlable.
Im fine with their built in rgb fading effect.
What I am worried about is getting 3 of these rgb strips to be in sync with one another.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Also I need a power source for the coin ejects, and all the light strips.
I plan to wire all these to a terminal block and hope to just feed this terminal block with a single wall adapter power source.
How can I guesstimate what amp rating power supply wall adapter i need?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:13:13 am by deezdrama »