Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Quick question - How to uninstall crt emu driver without the amd video card?  (Read 1786 times)

digitron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2022, 12:46:33 pm
Accidentally disabled composite sync getting vmmaker modes dialed in for a newly modded rgb screen. I have to remove the amd 5000 card to get the onboard video to work (old dell optiplex). The crt emu driver setup only provides the option to install/uninstall if the amd card is inserted. My AMD video card has Atom composite sync flashed.

Any workaround for uninstalling crt emu driver so I can reinstall it with the correct settings?
GM 224, Win7 64 Bit, i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz, ATI HD 5750, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Sereosh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:27:13 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
You should be able to handle this situation with two monitors. Your card can still output to an LCD normally while sending 15 kHz through its VGA port. No need for removing the card physically.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

digitron

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2022, 12:46:33 pm
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Thanks for that link, good to know.

You should be able to handle this situation with two monitors. Your card can still output to an LCD normally while sending 15 kHz through its VGA port. No need for removing the card physically.

Thanks Calamity, I got it working through the 2nd DVI port on the AMD card, just had to find another DVI > VGA adapter.
GM 224, Win7 64 Bit, i5-2400 @ 3.1Ghz, ATI HD 5750, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD