Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection help  (Read 2440 times)

DaleDoback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2023, 09:33:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection help
« on: August 23, 2020, 12:15:00 am »
bought this machine a week or two ago and i can't get the player 1 punch button to work.
i will include pics.
also, i think the player one and player 2 buttons are wired wrong as the diagram shows the player 2 on top

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:39:56 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection help
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 12:53:22 pm »
the P1 punch2 looks a little weird. might just be bent. i would try and make that a little better and straighten it out.

also run a pencil eraser over the contacts of the board. it'll shine them up nice for a good connection.

I'd also take a small flat bladed screwdriver and just push up on the contact of the connection a tiny bit to get more spring tension on the contact. i normally use a 45 degree o-ring tool, but a small jewelers screwdriver will work.

failing all that, i'd look into just swapping out the microswitch on the non-working input. those get stuff in them and also with lots of them having silver plated contacts, get tarnished and stop working all the time.