Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: what am i doing wrong? crt emudrivers.  (Read 2223 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2024, 08:00:52 pm
what am i doing wrong? crt emudrivers.
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:00:17 pm »
So a year o more ago i build a cab with a crt monitor, i left it working with emudrivers and groovymame. The customer wanted to change the monitor for an lcd monitor, so kept the card for future use. Now , that im using the card im testing it with windows 7 64, and i had installed emudrivers with a no go, i get that 31htz split screen image, first i installed - Download CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 (Catalyst 12.6) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits wi no luck , so i thought maybe i installed the wrong drivers so i tried Download CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 (Crimson 16.2.1 non-GCN* cards) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits with the same result. My card its a radeon hd7450 and i recall last time all was straight and simple. What am i doing wrong? thanks for any help.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 07:03:28 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: what am i doing wrong? crt emudrivers.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 11:16:06 pm »
The driver itself is a driver, it tells windows what's possible, but not precisely what to do. It's using VMM that adds EDID emulation, installs resolutions, and further limits things to 15kHz (if that's what you set it to do).

Are you saying that you've followed the right install guide for your card to the letter for both those driver versions and have not seen any errors pop up? You've set your monitor preset, and then enabled EDID emulation, and this does not get you 15kHz?

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 11:33:34 pm »
The driver itself is a driver, it tells windows what's possible, but not precisely what to do. It's using VMM that adds EDID emulation, installs resolutions, and further limits things to 15kHz (if that's what you set it to do).

Are you saying that you've followed the right install guide for your card to the letter for both those driver versions and have not seen any errors pop up? You've set your monitor preset, and then enabled EDID emulation, and this does not get you 15kHz?
---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, i look at your avatar and i feel guilty, no i didnt, let me start over and post results, thanks for your help.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 07:03:28 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 11:37:47 pm »
Haha, i hope i don't come across as a patronising dick, i'm just trying to lay things out in a way that helps us get to the answer :)

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:48:51 pm »
Haha, i hope i don't come across as a patronising dick, i'm just trying to lay things out in a way that helps us get to the answer :)
my monitor is ---fouled up beyond all recognition--- again, so im gonna have to fix it first, now i couldnt went to far to the anable edid emulation, i didnt knew lcd monitor could handle the 31htz, not i do have a card flashed with 15hts and still had that double 31htz screen thats why i thought i was doing something wrong. i hope i fix my monitor quick, thanks.