Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nvidia Geforce Now  (Read 2140 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Nvidia Geforce Now
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:56:16 am »
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/

So basically it's like google stadia except it's free, you can use your existing games and it works well.  Ok so maybe it's nothing like google stadia.  ;)  I mention it here because I figure a lot of us aren't putting top of the line pcs in racing cabinets, yet it's nice to be able to play high-end games sometimes as the racing genre is still alive and well.  Basically you sign up and you manually add any game you own on steam.  You can then play it via streaming off an nvidia server with a high-end video card.  I tried it out on dirt 3 and it played it fine, no real lag or graphical issues.  Of course it'll eat up your bandwidth though.... I don't think it'd work for a marathon session nor would I want to try and stream a video while someone is using it.  I thought I would mention it though as the system requirements to stream are relatively low... you can even do it on a tablet. 

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:30:48 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Nvidia Geforce Now
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:57:01 am »
Thanks for the heads up on this Howard, sounds pretty cool. I've got Steam, but have only got a tiny handful of games I've bought, none of which are particularly high end. Could this potentially be made to work with emulators?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Nvidia Geforce Now
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:09:09 pm »
I doubt it.  The server has to actually download a copy of the game, so it has to be steam or one of the online store fronts that lets you download based on an account.