Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up NeoGeo  (Read 5347 times)

skyblast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2020, 10:11:01 am
Arcade1up NeoGeo
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:15:27 pm »
Just thought I'd share. A big thank you to Szabo's Arcade for the artwork. Raspberry pie. 19 inch monitor.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Arcade1up NeoGeo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:01:11 am »
Looks great except one thing thats bugging the hell outa me...

That sloped neo-geo text gotta go!!

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:49:57 am »
Looks real good! I'll agree with the slopped text needing to go. In fact, I think one of those x-gaming arcade doors would be nice looking in this cabinet.

My favorite piece is how well a 19" fits in there. Very cool.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »
It turned out really nice, but I just don't get the point of these conversions.  The internals, the controls the screen and the artwork have all been replaced.... why not spend another $100 on wood, go to jakobud.com, download some plans and cut out a full-sized neogeo cab?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:56:32 pm »
It turned out really nice, but I just don't get the point of these conversions.  The internals, the controls the screen and the artwork have all been replaced.... why not spend another $100 on wood, go to jakobud.com, download some plans and cut out a full-sized neogeo cab?

I assume the people doing these conversions don’t have the time, resources, knowledge, confidence and/or desire to do the woodworking part.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 05:46:52 pm »

I assume the people doing these conversions don’t have the time, resources, knowledge, confidence and/or desire to do the woodworking part.

Based on some of the posts of the people nervous to put together the original product, I would say you are correct.

My Gorf conversion turned out nice. I did save some time/money on converting versus building as I was able to re-use some components. For my space, the smaller cabs work, while a full size wouldn't. So I would say a cabaret may be more fitting than a full size for comparisons sake. I think for many people though, the arcade1up might be their first exposure to what's possible with arcade games. They caught the nostalgia bug and using what they know as their base.

I can't confirm it for sure, but I'm wondering if the rising prices I'm seeing in my local Craigslist is a result of more people interested in full size machines. The pricing in St. Louis seems to start at 1k for most dedicated machines.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 05:51:23 pm »

Based on some of the posts of the people nervous to put together the original product, I would say you are correct.

My Gorf conversion turned out nice. I did save some time/money on converting versus building as I was able to re-use some components. For my space, the smaller cabs work, while a full size wouldn't. So I would say a cabaret may be more fitting than a full size for comparisons sake. I think for many people though, the arcade1up might be their first exposure to what's possible with arcade games. They caught the nostalgia bug and using what they know as their base.

I can't confirm it for sure, but I'm wondering if the rising prices I'm seeing in my local Craigslist is a result of more people interested in full size machines. The pricing in St. Louis seems to start at 1k for most dedicated machines.

Actually, based on some conversations with KLOVers, it’s more “if they’ll pay $400 for one of those toys, they’ll pay way more for the real thing...”, so sellers are adjusting accordingly.

Whatever works for the buyers of these. More power to them! Joe Szabo and EscapePod must be making cash hand over fist selling art for these.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 07:05:16 pm »

Actually, based on some conversations with KLOVers, it’s more “if they’ll pay $400 for one of those toys, they’ll pay way more for the real thing...”, so sellers are adjusting accordingly.

Whatever works for the buyers of these. More power to them! Joe Szabo and EscapePod must be making cash hand over fist selling art for these.

Seems legit. It’s like we are saying the same thing!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:35:37 pm by leapinlew »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 08:48:37 pm »

Seems legit. It’s like we are saying the same thing!

Well, it’s not actual interest as much as it’s speculation. It’s not that the A1Upers are buying, it’s that the sellers are gambling that they will pay.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 10:03:45 pm »
Gotcha.

To be fair, prices have been creeping up for a while. I assume someone is buying them.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 11:26:28 pm »
Gotcha.

To be fair, prices have been creeping up for a while. I assume someone is buying them.

Around here, we call that dude Barcade Trent.

skyblast

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 11:35:20 pm »
I waited and waited for the cheapest A1up cab I could get.  Found one for $149 on sale at Walmart, $40 for riser.  Paid $150 for artwork...$100 more in other things.  Also this is not my first rodeo.  Three scratch builds since 2008.  A1up was just for kicks.

As you can see in the background I used to own a real deal NeoGeo but man are they huge.  I recreated it A1up style.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 11:38:08 pm by skyblast »

pumaconcolor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2020, 07:06:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 06:29:33 am »
 Pretty sweet job on the Neo Geo!  Whenever anyone wonders "Why not the 'real' thing?" I say that I'm an apartment dweller and I want a light little cabaret that I can actually move myself.  I'm not hiring an army to move a beast in and out of apartments every few years.

skyblast

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 09:31:57 am »
Pretty sweet job on the Neo Geo!  Whenever anyone wonders "Why not the 'real' thing?" I say that I'm an apartment dweller and I want a light little cabaret that I can actually move myself.  I'm not hiring an army to move a beast in and out of apartments every few years.

Me too.  Two arcade machines, small room on the fourth floor, in the city.  Can't wait to own a home with a garage.

brained

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2023, 08:54:08 am
  • Raised by Atari
    • Nux
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 03:25:22 pm »
Just thought I'd share. A big thank you to Szabo's Arcade for the artwork. Raspberry pie. 19 inch monitor.

That's an awesome looking machine. Actually is making me get one for the same purpose...

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 12:17:41 pm »
the neogeo mvsx : with 50 games, for $500, bartop, but you can buy a pedastal to put it on:

http://www.snkmvsx.com/

USB port, and yes, there are 6 buttons for both players.

In brief: At 25 inches (H) x 15.4 inches (W) x 19.4 inches (D), this arcade cabinet isn’t quite as large as a traditional machine but that also means it won’t take up as much space, either. Without the optional base, the cabinet weighs around 28 pounds. If you’d rather have a more true-to-life arcade cabinet, the base adds another 32 inches to the overall height.
SNK will soon be offering retro gaming fans yet another way to enjoy classic Neo Geo games.

The Japanese hardware and software company recently announced the Neo Geo Multi Video System, or MVSX for short. The system features a 17-inch LCD operating at 1,280 x 1,024 resolution (with optional software-based scanline filter emulation), stereo speakers and two sets of arcade-style controls.

It’ll come pre-loaded with 50 classic games including 10 games from The King of Fighters series, eight from the Fatal Fury collection and six each from the Meta Slug and Samurai Showdown series.

Pricing is set at $449.99 for the core cabinet and $99.99 for the optional base. Or, if ordered together, you can get both for $499.99.

Pre-orders open next month with the first units expected to ship out in October.

later