Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2004 Golden Tee Freezes at Hole Selection  (Read 1817 times)

djensen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 10:24:34 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2004 Golden Tee Freezes at Hole Selection
« on: December 04, 2019, 05:17:51 pm »
I have the same problem someone posted in 2017 - but I did not see the fix.
Game loads up fine (and diagnostics run fine) but when you select 18, 9 front or 9 rear, the screen freezes. (also no sounds - just a little speaker hiss)
I ran the tests by moving the #1 switch on SW5 to OFF. (then returned it to ON to run the system)
Background:
When I first received the machine, it did nothing. I replaced the PC power supply (was a 250watt and is now a 320watt).
Now it powered up, but buttons didn't work.
It seemed the ground for the buttons was not connected, so I tied the ground on the Start switch to the Black on the trackball.
Now the buttons work (and pass the test, but the screen freezes as mentioned above.
Measuring the voltage on the JAMMA plug (+5, -5 and 12v) shows nothing (0v) - but on the TV screen it said the voltage was OK.
Maybe this is not the right place to check the voltage? the wires attached to the connector are not connected to anything.
Mine is the Red board PC.
Eagle U15 v2.04 - 2002
Thanks for any help!