Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Virtua Fighter Double and triple image?  (Read 1460 times)

piscian18

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2020, 11:47:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Virtua Fighter Double and triple image?
« on: September 25, 2019, 11:10:00 pm »
The work continues on the Virtua Fighter 1 Cab. The original Chassis had this issue where the Horizontal was squished, I replaced every regular and Horizontal cap and the Horizontal width coil so I gave up on it. The issue with the new chassis seems weirdly related but. Now I have double and triple images also squished.

I'm sure its a reasonable fix, but Im out of ideas atm.

The original Monitor and Chassis were sharp image. New Monitor is a Sharp with a Universal Chassis.

I can say for certain part of the issue is the Chassis is a 5PIN RGB+Ground+H/V. The old Chassis was a 6pin RGBEVH. First picture is The VF1 wired in with VH combined, though Ive tried just V and just H with the same result. Second is a PiHDMI>VGA>CGA so I know the chassis and Monitor are both fine.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 11:12:29 pm by piscian18 »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:47:35 am
Re: Sega Virtua Fighter Double and triple image?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:20:14 am »
vf is a medium res game(25k), the image looks like a medium res game being run on a standard res monitor
you can run the signal through a gbs8200 to get it to work, its probably cheapest option

piscian18

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2020, 11:47:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 11:36:18 am »
vf is a medium res game(25k), the image looks like a medium res game being run on a standard res monitor
you can run the signal through a gbs8200 to get it to work, its probably cheapest option

Yeah that fixed it more or less, Since the GBS8200 is VGA DB15 output I connected the VGA output to GBS8100 that has a standard RGB 5pin output. I don't think thats necessary right? I should be able to just make a DBPIN to RGB 5pin adapter.

I'll admit I'm not crazy invested in this one I just wanted know why it wasn't working. If I can get it to work through a GBS8200 then I'll just put it in the backlog until a Medium res comes along or I can get the original CRT rejuvenated and the chassis repaired.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:38:54 am by piscian18 »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:47:35 am
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:25:57 pm »
yeah sorry gbs8200 will only give a vga output, i do not know of anyway to get 25k to 15k