Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

  

Author Topic: Still looking for professional builder for custom control panels + custom stand  (Read 263 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bruceg

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:54:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi.  I'm in the USA and looking for a professional to build a custom control panel only.  The dude at North Coast Custom Arcades hasn't gotten back to me.  Who are some other equivalent recommended control panel builders out there?  Also, I'm looking to use specific joysticks, trackballs, spinners, button, etc.  Should I buy them myself and just pay for the labor&materials to complete the build, or let the builder handle everything?  Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Edited Looking now to build several customized control panels housed within a custom stand.  If interested, please see below
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:57:14 pm by bruceg »

Mike A

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3492
  • Last login:Today at 07:00:29 am
  • card carrying purist
https://www.harumancustoms.com

This is who you are looking for.

bruceg

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:54:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Thanks!  I saw a thread that mentioned his name in a very positive manner...

bruceg

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:54:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Haven't heard back from anybody yet.  If there is a highly reputable professional builder interested in my project, I'm looking at the feasibility & approximate cost to build several customized control panels (currently 3-- maybe 4).  For ease of use, the panels will all rotate within a customized stand with wheels or some way to easily move it from one computer to another.  Pedals will be built into the bottom of stand stand, and lightguns mounted on the side (will at least wait for the Sinden guns to see how they turn out).  I'm incorporating all the different control schemes from looking at the cpanel file from MAME (though only interested in up to 2 player simultaneous). I currently have roughly sketched designs for 3 panels.  Thanks!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:09:01 pm by bruceg »

Mike A

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3492
  • Last login:Today at 07:00:29 am
  • card carrying purist
I think you need to find the guy who designed the Death Star.

bruceg

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:54:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Yeah, I can see why there might not be any interest, as it will be a time consuming endeavor.  Also, I'll be blowing a ton of money, but I don't mind driving my old car for another twenty years.

Howard_Casto

  • Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17676
  • Last login:Today at 12:29:11 am
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
I'll say it again just because apparently I love the sound of my own voice....

2 players with a joystick and 4-8 buttons per player.... that's all you need on a generic mame cabinet. 


Rotating panels can be cool and I appreciate the engineering that goes into them purely as a fun project, but you'll find that you'll be using the street fighter/generic panel 99% of the time.  You've got to figure out how much time and money it's worth just to play the other 1% once every 10 years or so.