Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Solar Fox Vectorization - need highres photos  (Read 1063 times)

Khenemet Heru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2018, 06:27:09 pm
  • I want him in the games until he dies playing.
Solar Fox Vectorization - need highres photos
« on: February 12, 2004, 10:56:17 pm »
Hi, been reading for some time and decided to jump in and build a cab finally, and the first big issue is what to do about artwork...

For the moment I am trying to find high-res photos of the sideart for Solar Fox - my cab is going to need good futuristic sideart, and I thought I'd start with something very cool yet classic until I can come up with some really good art of my own. The best I've found was a project page that had some great photos, but too low res to use to size for redrawing (see the link below), the next best to that being the flyer from the archive. Neither source can be blown up enough for me to redraw the pilot cleanly.

Anyone out there who can help?

thanks in advance,
Shadowhawk

Link to the Solar Fox image page:
http://thelittons.net/homearcade/SolarFox/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 10:07:59 pm by ShdoHawk »
No Boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's ALWAYS a Boom tomorrow. - Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

crashwg

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2019, 11:01:05 am
Re:need good photos of sideart for my project
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 10:29:54 pm »
I of course have no idea if this is even something you might consider, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Maybe you could find solar fox cab, cheap, not so good shape and buy it real cheap, duplicate the artwork, then sell the cab real cheap to someone else...
If there's bees in the trap I'm catching em
By the thorax and abdomen
And sanding the stingers down to a rough quill
Then I dip em in ink, and I scribble a bit
But if it they wriggle then I tickle em until they hold still
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen

Khenemet Heru

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 12:42:53 am »
actually I would consider that, although if the art is in good shape I'd probably do up the art and post that someplace and keep the cab...  

I don't have true newsgroup access, only for the binaries, but looking on ebay, this cab seems to be as rare as hen's teeth, even though lots of people praise the game as one of the best ever...  

then if I find one there's shipping cost (though in case someone reads this and has one for sale pretty cheap, I'm in the New Haven area of CT, so I can get someone with a truck to help me if the cab is somewhere in the vicinity of say 100 miles round trip :))...

better all around i think to just get good photos...

I've been trying to vectorize just the pilot portion using Silhouette, and have had reasonable results with the low-res image, so i think I can come up with something exceptionally good if I had something larger or higher res to work with.
No Boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's ALWAYS a Boom tomorrow. - Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Khenemet Heru

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 10:06:08 pm »
I have abandoned the Solar Fox theme for my cab project, but not the idea to do a good quality vector version (complete with the pointillized pilot chick) - so I'm still looking for good higher res photos to work with if anyone can contribute.