Software Support > GroovyMAME

How To Adjust Individual Games Resolution?

<< < (2/6) > >>

digitron:
Ah, I'm not much of help then but I'm sure someone will reply with the info you need. Best of luck friend.

buttersoft:
The log is required.

That said, you can bastardise a fix by using whatever-rom-name.ini files to override the main mame.ini switchres options. Either copy the mame.ini into the ini directory and rename, or just the bits of it you need. Then set the res in the video options. You do lose the correct refresh rate that way. Better to post the log.

FrizzleFried:

--- Quote from: buttersoft on June 17, 2019, 11:48:07 pm ---The log is required.

That said, you can bastardise a fix by using whatever-rom-name.ini files to override the main mame.ini switchres options. Either copy the mame.ini into the ini directory and rename, or just the bits of it you need. Then set the res in the video options. You do lose the correct refresh rate that way. Better to post the log.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the ini file... I will toy with that when I have a little time.  I did manage to get a txt file created and moved over ... thought I had both World Class Bowling Deluxe and Shuffleshot but nope... only the WCBowling made it over to the thumb drive.  In any case,  each game is the exact same engine and exhibits the exact same behavior.  If you fix one, the other can be fixed the same way.

:)

Let me know if that Shuffle Shot txt file will be absolutely necessary...

Poking through the file it appears that my monitor/rig DOES do a 384x240 mode... not sure why it's dropping to an interlaced mode...

FrizzleFried:
OK... I see what's happening.  It thinks the game should run at 384 x 256 ... which I don't have a mode covering... but I do have a mode covering double that interlaced (768 x 512).  The game,  however,  should run at 384x240,  which I DO have a mode for... 

Calamity:

--- Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 18, 2019, 02:03:41 am ---The game,  however,  should run at 384x240,  which I DO have a mode for...

--- End quote ---

Are you sure the game should run at 384x240?

Your log shows the game starting at 384x240 (MAME always reports the resolution the game boots with, not necessarily the main one), then it shows how the game trying to switch to 384x256, which could be the actual in-game resolution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version