Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mini arcade  (Read 313 times)

Minicade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2019, 05:15:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mini arcade
« on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:54 am »
Hey guys i am new to the forums i want to make a mini donkey kong arcade can you guys suggest me where to buy parts and pcb also any blueprints for cabinet

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2019, 03:51:53 pm
Re: Mini arcade
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:14:27 am »
Welcome! There are many places to buy arcade parts. Are you building a perfect scale replica? If so, jakobud has drawings of the original that could be helpful: http://jakobud.com/cabinetPlans.php

Arcade parts can be bought in many many places. eBay, Ultimarc, mikesarcade, etc. If you're trying to use an original PCB - you'll have to search ebay, craigslist, or KLOV (a forum for arcade collectors). But, personally, I wouldn't put an original PCB in a scaled down cab. Because then you'll have to figure out how to properly power it, connect it to a monitor, etc. Depending on your skill level, I'd go with a PC running MAME or a 60- in 1 board or a pandora board or something. In my opinion, original PCBs are best used in original cabs.

What type of screen are you thinking of using? That can make a big difference in the rest of the design.

Minicade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2019, 05:15:37 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »
I WANT TO USE CRT

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2019, 03:51:53 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:23 pm »
I WANT TO USE CRT

I recommend you start reading as much as possible then. There are many quality builds in this forum that use CRT monitors with plenty of instructions. All the other variables I mentioned in my first reply will come into play, and since I'm guessing you're a novice, I think you'll be best finding a completed build and following it. There is an entire thread dedicated to replicating Nintendo cabinets. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,144583.0.html

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:34:07 pm
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
Its not often I recommend bootlegs, but you'll have a much easier time with a 60 in 1 jamma board with all the other games disabled, and your cabinet would be jamma compliant opening up the option of swapping PCBs and playing other games.
If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.