Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nintendo Direct.  (Read 3106 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Nintendo Direct.
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:43:40 pm »
Did you guys see the latest Nintendo Direct?  Mario Maker 2 FTW!  I'm also super excited about the Link's Awakening remake since it's still on my list of classic games I need to play, but let's face it, it's on the og Gameboy so I'm never going to get around to it.  Tetris 99 seems like an interesting concept.  I'm scratching my head about Assassin's Creed III remastered.... isn't that the one that everybody hated?  Part 4, which was also released on the Wii U, was much more popular so that would seem like the likely candidate to me. 
Dragon's Quest fans should be happy as well. 

Anyway, good to see that Nintendo has some games to fill out this year considering they dropped the ball on Metroid. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Nintendo Direct.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:27 pm »
Yes, that’s the one stacked on shelves at 5 Below.

Have yet to see anything on that system that makes me want one.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 11:09:28 pm »
Mario Odyssey is a console seller and Mario + Rabbids is amazingly fun for how simple a game it is.  Sadly if you owned a Wii U most of the games released thus far are just Wii U ports.  I bought pokemon Pikachu and it's a little too faithful to the original game.... the constant trainer battles are damned annoying. 

MM 2 seems to have some good features though.... it has slopes and the cat suit so that makes me think maybe we'll actually get all the power-ups this time and some Mario 3 or SMW levels can be made. 

bigster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 08:24:40 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:51:05 am »
Mario Odyssey is one of the best games I have played in a long time.  I have a bunch of other switch games but Odyssey is so captivating that the other games have remained shrink wrapped.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Osirus23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:28:23 pm »
Lots of neat stuff coming, not entirely sold on the Link's Awakening art style but I'll probably pick it up. I've never been able to complete it on GB.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:42:22 pm »
I bought FF9 last night. It's a good port. Though because of the resolution update, you really can see the disparity between the pre-rendered backgrounds and the 3D characters running around. Playing on a CRT, the look felt more blended together, where as now it seems like the characters are too crisp looking while the background is still a little blurred.
I was also happy to see a release date announcement for the FF7 port.

I'm really looking forward to Link's Awakening.  I'm on the fence about the art-style though. But LA was my second favourite Zelda next to ALTTP, so I'm sure it'll play and narrate well. But I kinda wished they went high-rez 2D with this one. Something that outshines the 2D quality of Minish Cap, which was really well animated/styled.

It was nice to see some more Bloodstained footage, that game seem to have come along well, but I'll reserve judgement until I get it in my hands.

Deltarune, the not-so-much Undertale sequel looks like a hoot. I enjoyed Undertale, so I'm sure this will be in a similar vein.

Mario Maker 2 is cool, if you're into that kind of thing. I personally don't have time for creation games, nor am I interested in playing a bunch of community shared levels, but friends of mine who are tell me it's pretty fun. To have it on the Switch seems like a no-brainer.

Other than what I've mentioned here, I wasn't too interested in the rest of the Direct. It was kinda mundane, tbh, until the end when they revealed Awakening. Thank goodness we had that little shot of adrenaline at the end, because I'm sure the Nintendo fanbois would have been raging out over the lack of solid substance in this Direct.