Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A new way to create LEDBlinky Animations  (Read 358 times)

Gilrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:26:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
A new way to create LEDBlinky Animations
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:21:01 pm »
I just got LEDBlinky running on my control panel yesterday.   As I was playing with the animation editor I realized I could probably use the xLights program I'm a developer for to create animations that run with LEDBlinky.  So I spent a few hours this morning and I already have it working.  As we do with our Christmas shows it allows you to create effects at more of a macro level instead of setting individual channels although that is still an option.  I made a video that shows how I did it.  If folks are interested I can polish it up and add it as a feature to xLights.  You'll see me use a 3D model of my control panel but that is optional you could still do everything I did without the 3D model.  I don't know all the hardware codes or other details of the animation file format (.lwax) files so currently its hard-coded and works with my Ultimarc Ultimate I/O board.  I'd need input from others or the LEDBlinky author to know how to make it flexible enough for everyone.