Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver setup: Two graphic cards on one computer? And other setup help  (Read 1823 times)

Erik Twice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 06:34:01 am
  • Waiter, more CRTs, please!
    • Erik Twice
Good evening BYOAC! Long-time lurker here, I hope this question is in the right place  ;)

I currently own two 15Khz CRT monitors and would like to connect them to my normal, non-dedicated computer so I can use emulators. At first I thought I needed a dedicated PC but then was told that it's not necessary for I can run two GPUs on the same PC, one for everyday gaming use and the other for my CRTs using CRT Emudriver and GroovyMAME.

- Would it be possible to run both GPUs at the same time? That is, can I run my normal everday programs on one screen while GroovyMAME runs on the CRT?
- Would this be an extended desktop and would I be able to move tabs from my PC screen to my CRTs?
- Since GroovyMAME would be running on my main computer, does that mean I can stream from it without the need for a capture device?

Thank you very much. This is a very technical topic and I'm a bit lost.

Thanks in advance.

pakoman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:02:35 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have an old laptop with a Radeon HD5650 connected to a CRT TV through the VGA output and to an LCD through the HDMI.

I can only use two screens at a time but the CRT @ 15 khz and the built in or the external LCD work fine together as extended desktop.

Groovymame runs in the CRT without the need of disabling the LCD. Just need to configure which monitor will MAME use in mame.ini (something like \\.\DISPLAY2 don't remember).

Hope this helps.