Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: joy 1 controlling player 2 even when mapped correctly  (Read 296 times)

Fonkybeachbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2019, 10:28:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
joy 1 controlling player 2 even when mapped correctly
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:12:54 pm »
Hello,
A weird thing started happening that's never happened before.  All of a sudden, even after mapping player 2 controls to player 2 joy and player 2 buttons, the player 1 joy and buttons will still control player 2.  The first time I noticed was when my kids were playing Ms. Pac Man, that player 2 was controlled by joystick 1.  Then, the other day was playing Rolling Thunder"  with a friend and same thing.  I have the controls mapped out globally correctly and under "this game" mapped correctly.  I've also created new ini and cfg folders and redid the mapping.  I'm on a windows 7 computer and have a cheap usb encoder.  Any ideas what I could have done?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2019, 05:07:28 pm
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: joy 1 controlling player 2 even when mapped correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 02:21:08 pm »
Both of those games only have 1 joystick so player 1 and player 2 use the same physical controls.
If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.

Fonkybeachbum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2019, 10:28:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:50 pm »
 :embarassed:
Thank you sir!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2019, 05:07:28 pm
  • Be the change you want to see in the world.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:07:18 pm »
You could probably do Ms.Pacman running the cocktail version, and find a way to disable screen flipping for Player 2. That would achieve the results your looking for.
If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.