Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI Diplomat Smoking Transfer Motor  (Read 80 times)

kozy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe AMI Diplomat Smoking Transfer Motor
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
My parents bought Rowe AMI Diplomat JAN model sometime in the 70s.  It worked for a good 30 years.  I honestly dont remember the last time it worked, but have very fond memories of the jukebox playing when i was a kid.  After my father past away last year, my mom asked if I could get rid of the jukebox.  I would love to get it working again to surprise her.

When i plug in the power, the transfer motor starts to smoke.  I was hoping for some guidance on where to start.  I cant seem to find parts 200-11145, 702-00213 or 702-00113 anywhere on the internet.  I am not sure if just replacing these parts is the best way to start, or to start somewhere else. 

Also, since this machine has not functioned in at least a decade, is there other things i should take a look at?

I bought the manual and am located in Cleveland, OH.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Rowe AMI Diplomat Smoking Transfer Motor
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:33:50 am »
Hello Kozy,

I am not too sure what parts you are looking for.

The Transfer Motor, Cam and Cam switch Assembly is part number 401-05389, the motor part number is 201-12559.

If the transfer motor is smoking, this could be down to a couple of issues.

The mechansim could jamed and this is putting to much load onto the motor, you can turn the transfer motor by hand using an Allen key in the allen screw that is located in the end of the transfer motor shaft.

Inspect the motor coil, You more than likely will find that this has got red hot and now the windings have shorted.
If this is the case you will have to sourse a replacement motor or have it rewound.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31