Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Asking for help with crtemudriver and pvm set up  (Read 159 times)

NiggelMyNiggel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Asking for help with crtemudriver and pvm set up
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:09:05 pm »
Hi, I'm having trouble getting retroarch to work with my pvm20m2mdu. I would post on geeodorah but regestration seems to be down for that site at the moment.

Is there a way to force vmmaker to generate superresolutions? Here's my problem-ive got windows 10 outputting a 15khz 480i signal to my pvm just fine. Crtemudriver is installed and vmmaker has generated and installed a list of lowres modes. However every time i have vmmaker generate video modes none of them are superresolutions. They are all native resolutions. When i go to retroarch and have switchres enabled i get a vertically squished image. I believe retroarch is expecting superresolutions (i think the default h resolution is around 2540). Can i turn off super resolutions in retroarch so it will use my installed native resolutions?

I'm using an ati Radeon 5450 graphics card. At one one point i had an arcade vga card in this computer but i removed it. I tried to uninstall all the software and drivers from the arcade vga card but i know some software is still on there. I think i might need wipe the computer and start over. Hoping someone can help me avoid doing that

NiggelMyNiggel

• Offline Offline
Re: Asking for help with crtemudriver and pvm set up
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 04:09:05 pm »
Update. I got superresolutions installed with vmmaker
I had to specify to generate modes from list and then i picked the super modes list text file that came with crtemudriver download.

But now retroarch is starting in a weird resolition that squishes the image horizontally. It is unreadable. When it loads a game it still loads the game in a vertically squished incorrect resolution.

NiggelMyNiggel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 02:27:56 pm »
Update 2. It feels funny being the only one replying to my own post but maybe someone else can use this. I can't be the only one with this problem. I followed the directions from the crtemudriver site....
So i got the switchres working - kinda. It's buggy. It will work if i load retroarch in full screen with rgui menu and play one game. If i try to load another game it goes back to the squished image. If i use an old video driver like dsd9 everything works great and there are no bugs. However the games look like ass. I didn't go to all this trouble to play games that look like ass. So for now i am using the gl driver and the games look perfect. Problem is i have to restart RA if i want to play another game and i can't exit full screen. Anyone got any ideas?

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:36:03 am »
You certainly aren't the only one having these types of issues. I think you aren't getting responses because it's in the wrong sub-forum. The guys that work on crt emu are in the Groovymame forum.

It is very obvious that crt emu is designed to work well with Groovymame as everything comes out perfect. I'm having similar issues (and others) when I try and use other emulators. I thought it was the super resolutions that were causing the issues as that is all was generated in mine. I have no native resolutions at all in my list.

I can see why super resolutions work for sprite based games where graphics are pre-drawn but I suspect that, in 3d games with real-time rendering, generation a super wide resolutions puts a strain on my gpu. I can't make Model 2 or model 3 games work well in 2560 x 384 but they work fine in 640 x 480. I need to figure out how to add 496 x 384 instead for my ega games.

NiggelMyNiggel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 02:43:41 pm »
Update 3:
I can switch between games now and i got the image centered.

To switch games i click on "close content" in RA first. Then i can switch... Still can't switch games on the fly or toggle full screen.

To center the image i used the "osd" program that came with crtemudriver download. I had to adjust the "front porch" for each installed resolution. Front porch is in the "horizontal" sub menu. +4 front porch for 640 desktop resolutions and +16 for 2560 super resolutions. This will shift your image about 2 inches to the left. Use smaller numbers to shift it less. If you need d to shift in another direction mess around with the other porches.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31