Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FFB Arcade Plugin  (Read 110327 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:53:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: FFB Arcade Plugin
« Reply #640 on: January 13, 2021, 05:14:08 am »
Most likely it's the horrible gear driven ffb in g29 wheels etc

You wouldnt feel it on original cab ffb as it's far superior to g29

You could add some deadzone to wheel

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2021, 03:34:00 pm
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #641 on: January 13, 2021, 03:56:39 pm »
In San Francisco Rush if I am driving in a straight line on regular pavement with no one around me and I just BARELY veer to the left or right and then correct back to the middle, I get a heavy grinding rumble in the wheel (g29). Is there a way to prevent this or at least lower it? I tried lowering max ffb to 25% and it helped but then when I crash into walls I barely feel the force feedback. I canít recall if the arcade was that loud and forceful for almost going in a straight line.

Certainly in the arcade it was not like that (I remember well) because the FFB mechanism was by straps and not by gears. Even so, I believe that there is a possibility that the information in SF Rush's FFB may be wrong because in no other game do we have this gear shredding effect. I managed to alleviate this inconvenience considerably. I noticed that the looser the steering wheel, the more this effect becomes evident. In LGS I left the option of centering the spring at 100%, 361 degrees of rotation of the steering wheel marked. In FFB GUI I left Max Force at 60%. This way I can play much better.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:58:50 pm by RetroFliper - Arcade »
Hello my players friends! Follow my videos! It's not professional, but I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOYNE_-HMqXKoj2692zxzWg?view_as=subscriber

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:53:54 am
« Reply #642 on: January 13, 2021, 04:23:31 pm »
Well I have a t300rs which is belt driven have no such problem

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:14:39 am
« Reply #643 on: January 13, 2021, 11:13:41 pm »
In San Francisco Rush if I am driving in a straight line on regular pavement with no one around me and I just BARELY veer to the left or right and then correct back to the middle, I get a heavy grinding rumble in the wheel (g29). Is there a way to prevent this or at least lower it? I tried lowering max ffb to 25% and it helped but then when I crash into walls I barely feel the force feedback. I canít recall if the arcade was that loud and forceful for almost going in a straight line.

Certainly in the arcade it was not like that (I remember well) because the FFB mechanism was by straps and not by gears. Even so, I believe that there is a possibility that the information in SF Rush's FFB may be wrong because in no other game do we have this gear shredding effect. I managed to alleviate this inconvenience considerably. I noticed that the looser the steering wheel, the more this effect becomes evident. In LGS I left the option of centering the spring at 100%, 361 degrees of rotation of the steering wheel marked. In FFB GUI I left Max Force at 60%. This way I can play much better.

Thanks man I will give this a shot! As long as I can just get it to feel just a little better I will be happy with it.

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #644 on: January 13, 2021, 11:14:31 pm »
Well I have a t300rs which is belt driven have no such problem
So you feel no force feedback at all when veering left and right? Or you just donít feel it the same way?

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2021, 07:34:44 am »
Another detail: The sensitivity of the steering wheel is 97%. It was the closest to the arcade that I have managed to get so far.
Hello my players friends! Follow my videos! It's not professional, but I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!

jorgenjl2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2021, 02:20:55 pm »

This seemed to help and it reminds me of what I felt like the arcade felt like. I did also turn off damper and spring settings in the registry (apparently g27's LGS software allows you to turn those two extra settings off while the g29 LGS gui no longer gives you the option so you have to use the registry to do it) but I think these settings were the bulk of it. Thanks!

RetroFliper - Arcade

• Offline Offline
  • The Rock!
    • RetroFliper - Arcade
« Reply #647 on: January 14, 2021, 02:59:56 pm »
Interestingly I also have the G27 but I don't use it because its LGS does not allow creating multiple profiles for each game in the same emulator, as in the LGs of the G29.