Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Slim MVS4 with active Marquee.  (Read 4105 times)

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:18:41 am
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Slim MVS4 with active Marquee.
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 04:02:15 am »
Dang it, lost post as tried to attach invalid file format.  Lets try this again. 

I didn't get the fence done because uncovered a ground wasp nest, chemical warfare has begun and hopefully extermination will be complete this weekend, If not then falling back to Fire (Although this will be a last resort as will be a little bit dangerous).

I have created a proper cut sheet (Accurate to within 5/100's inch) which I need to replicate into Freecad, I then need to learn how to use Freecad to build this thing virtually.  I am sure that I have to adjust the sizing on some things, Others I have left slightly over sized as unsure exact sizing needed.   Creating this virtually first should eliminate these problems.

I also took some time to create  a custom coin insert, I plan on getting some tokens for this machine so noted tokens only.

And now the cut lists and insert :)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:57:24 am
  • card carrying purist
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2018, 04:41:24 am »
Ground wasps? Pour some kerosene down the hole at night and light it up.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2018, 08:49:41 am »
Ground wasps? Pour some kerosene down the hole at night and light it up.

If chemical warfare hasn't completed the job, that is the plan.  The issue is there is a lot of dry tinder under the hedge (6" deep dead twigs/leaves etc) where they are, that could easily catch and then the hedge would go up, then I have a problem on my hands. So as mentioned previously fire is definitely the last resort and will involve a few buddies and 3 water hoses setup and ready to go.  (I know petrol floats on water but it will put out the burning leaves)

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 04:24:16 am »
Well the chemical warfare seems to be failing,  its killing hundreds but many more survive  :hissy: :hissy: Fire will progress this weekend.  On a brighter note I have finished with the shed and have catalogued all my tools,  damn I have a lot of tools :) Anyway wood has been ordered and will be with me beginning of next week.  So in the meantime I have been re-learning Sketchup,  haven't used it since I started design of the jukebox topper about 5 years ago or more.  The results of this are shown below,  I now have the fun task of breaking the 3d back down into 2d and creating a new cutlist,  I was right about some of the angles for the cuts too, The table saw is sure going to come in handy :)

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:57:24 am
  • card carrying purist
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2018, 06:01:56 am »
I told you to use fire.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 05:46:20 pm »
I told you to use fire.
I did use fire the next time I came across wasps,

Well as there isn't anything in the way of build progress on this I thought I would start on the software and art. I'm planning on adding working credit counters into the design as briefly discussed here
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161220.0.html
The items there would be ideal candidates except it looks like all sorts of fun getting anything posted to the UK from Malaysia :( I'll find someone local who does electronics and get them to build something similar for me. I would do it myself but there is no way I can solder :)

I mentioned in that thread about setting up the active marquee to replicate the look of the 6 slot marquee.  Unfortunately unless I go for a 4K screen as the marquee I don't think I can pull that off.  I can though get away with replicating the 4 slot.

The idea will be that as you go through the games the display changes to show the next games in the list, A bit like a massive 196 multi slot :) I figure this is going to take some time, but I think I figured a way of only not having to do all 196 or so,  quick mockup Examples below, as you can see Games 1 through 3 use the same image just the light to show which game is active moves Ideally I want to know what the next and previous games are at all times.  There will undoubtedly be a fairly simple method I'm sure.  At the moment I have this,

Game 4 has new image created although everything should be one place to the left.

It then goes on something like as follows,
AM2,ANDRO (lit), AOF, AOF2
ANDRO, AOF(lit),AOF2,AOF3
ANDRO, AOF, AOF2 (lit),AOF3
AOF2,AOF3,(lit)BaseBall Stars, BBS 2
AOF2,AOF3,BaseBall Stars(lit), BBS 2
BBS, BBS2(lit),Battleflip,Blazing star,
BBS, BBS2,Battleflip(lit),Blazing star,
Battleflip,Blazing Star(lit),Blues Journey, Bomberman
Battleflip,Blazing Star,Blues Journey(lit), Bomberman

And so on and so forth  I see a spreadsheet coming up in my future to work out minimum amount of work needed :)

Actually I don't need the spreadsheet, I just use 1 image for every 2 games The lights should only be over the middle 2. At least I've figured out I can cut the work in half now  :laugh2: