Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New freeware jukebox app  (Read 4266 times)

A. Aylestock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 09:17:41 am
  • Author of PartyTime Jukebox
    • Home of PartyTime Jukebox
New freeware jukebox app
« on: January 25, 2004, 04:12:34 am »
Hi, I know most of you probably have your own preferred jukebox app already setup on your box but still I would like to hear some of your comments on my freeware jukebox software.
If you have winamp 2.x installed on your machine and some artworks, you should be able to get PartyTime Jukebox up and running in no time at all.  ;D

You can get it here: http://pages.globetrotter.net/bakerywizard/partyTime_jukebox.htm

Cheers!

A. Aylestock  

SpamMe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2006, 03:19:58 am
  • .creature of bad habit.
    • Mame cabinet blog
Re:New freeware jukebox app
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:45:25 am »
Purchase PartyTime Jukebox !

For commercial use ............... $149.00 USD

If you intend to use the software in any commercial manners, you must purchase commercial license/version of the software. Registration purchase can be done through a secure server by clicking on the icon above or from here if you're having difficulty accessing the secure server.
Please read license agreement for more licensing information.

For home use ............................. $25.00 USD

If you like the software for your private home use and would like to own the no nag screen version, you can purchase it online through a secure server by clicking on the icon above or from here if you're having difficulty accessing the secure server.

This some new interpretation of freeware nobody told me about? :)

Anyway, looks pretty good, but I wasn't able to get it downloaded (pages.globetrotter.net not found) to take a closer look. From the screenshots, it seems like it'd be reasonably well-suited to touchscreen use. Personally, I prefer a list format (just because my cab's game selection is in a list format too), and 1 long list that stretches across the screen makes it much easier to read on my TV, but I'd imagine that would not be a concern for the folks here using pc or arcade monitors :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 04:58:15 am by SpamMe »

A. Aylestock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 05:43:09 am »
Hi, SpamMe I guess I should have said free for home use only.  :)
And... basically if you don't mind the nag screen bit which eventually pops up (but not that often) then it is really free and you can use it for as long as you want.  Oh well... I hate demo ware myself, so the nag screen solution was the only way to make it worth while for me to continue improving on it.
The download link has worked I believe ever since I made the software available, I don't know why it will not work for you!  
You are right the software is better suited to work for those with a lot of album covers on their pc's so not for everyone I guess.  

Thanks for your comment just the same.

Cheers!  :)

A. Aylestock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 01:16:04 am »
 ??? Has anyone tried it yet? I was really hoping for a bit more feedback. :)

Thanks!

Mameham

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2005, 01:29:36 pm
  • The Original Home Arcade Machine
    • Mameham
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 12:41:02 pm »
 I tried it... pretty good... Don't remember my comments on it, but consider this as an endorsement - every other piece of jukebox software that wasn't VMJ or DOSCAB I removed immediately after I installed it, but yours is still on my computer....

I do recall not partcularlly liking the Winamp 2 requirements ( because I had 3 already installed ) but not too big a deal really...

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:09:47 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 01:18:32 am »
So far, this is the best that I have tried...and the most annoying ::)  Is there any way you can make it run under different resolutions?  If not, can you make change the resolution on it's own during launch?

Other than that, I like it.

Is it possible to put in support for other players?  A poster mentioned winamp3, and I prefer QCD Player.  This would be a great addition.

Nice job!!!
Paul

A. Aylestock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 02:55:35 am »
Thank you both for the replies,  I know the Winamp 2 requirement is a bit distressing to some but unfortunately Winamp 3 has never been made open source so I could never implement it in my software. (as much as I would have liked to) :(
You may however use Winamp 5 player since it was brought out to more or less supplant Winamp 2.x
I do still prefer Winamp 2.x myself since it is the lightest of them all.

I wish I could promise you compatibility with other players as well but since no two players are controlled in the same way, it would most likely mean having to rewrite the whole software.  A very exhaustive job, mainly due to incompatible file formats and audio features amongst players.  :-\

The screen resolution nuisance has finally been dealt with and will be a thing of the past  in upcoming version 2.8 (scheduled to come out in a few months)

Thanks again for your comments!
 :)