Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XBOXPadMicro - A firmware that turns Arduino Micro (Leonardo) into an XBOX pad!  (Read 11617 times)

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:29:36 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Nice, it works  :applaud: 
I changed two lines in the bootsector source
pad_up = !bit_check(PINC, 7); (changed to F7)
pad_left = !bit_check(PINB, 0);  (changed to F5)
Now I have a working D-pad! The analog sticks are incomplete, but I wasn't planning on wiring them.
Glad to hear you got it working, Imp.   ;D

If you don't mind posting your compiled hex, I'll make a corresponding Pro Micro pinout image.   :cheers:

Scott
EDIT: Working on the pinout map and wondering which of these possible changes would be more useful for most users and make the best use of the available pins:
- Left analog thumbstick (F4 and F6 to L. Analog U and L. Analog D) or
- L and R triggers (F4 and F6 to L and R) or
- Right analog thumbstick (B1 and B3 to R. Analog D and R. Analog R)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:34:58 pm by PL1 »

imp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2019, 06:05:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I can post my hex file, but I think I screwed it up somehow, I used the wrong tool to check the buttonfunctions  :banghead:
When I connected everything to my cab all the buttons got a different input ingame  :(
I'll reflash my ProMicro with the original hex files to see what I did wrong.

Is there maybe a preferred Xinput button test program?

imp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2019, 06:05:10 am
I used this tool to map my buttons correctly: https://gamepadviewer.com/
For the attached hex file I used this mapping for the Pro Micro (B1 and B3 on pins 15 and 14 are spare and not in use).

TX0 = D3 = B (red)
RX1 = D2 = A (green)
GND
GND
2 = D1 = X (blue)
3 = D0 = Y (yellow)
4 = D4 = LB
5 = C6 = LT
6 = D7 = RB
7 = E6 = RT
8 = B 4 = Start
9 = B5 = Back/Select

RAW
GND
RST
VCC
A3 = F4 = pad right
A2 = F5 = pad left
A1 = F6 = pad down
A0 = F7 = pad up
15 = B1
14 = B3
16 = B2 = L3
10 = B6 = R3

It's working perfectly now. Thanks for all the help  :cheers:

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
Thanks for the updated hex, Imp.   :cheers:

Here's a pinout image. (LMK if there are any errors.)

Scott
EDIT: Fixed typo, changed "Stick Press" to "Stick Button", and added "Xinput" to title.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:00:53 pm by PL1 »

Pic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:18:31 am
I'm guessing these boards are small enough to fit inside of an original NES, SNES, N64, Atari and Genesis controller, thus making it possible to modify original controlers to work with emulators available on a modified xbox.
You might be able to mod some of those controllers like that, but AFAIK that wasn't Bruno's plan for the XBOXPadMicro.

It is usually used to connect arcade-style joysticks and buttons to an XBox.

If you want to use original (unmodded) console controllers with an XBox, check out the KADE miniArcade 2.0 and the associated KADE Multi-Out expansion board.

Bruno has also developed the RetroPad32 -- a follow-up to the (several-years-overdue-delivering-european-Kickstarter-rewards :embarassed:) KADE miniConsole+.

Scott

First of, many thanks Bruno for your job with the Xboxpadmicro ! I tried it with a Neo Geo CD controller and it works like a charm. I am now building a case for it, and I consider buying a Neo Geo stick to play on my Xbox's Neo Geo emulator.

If I understand correctly, there is no way to plug a Nes, Snes, N64 or usb controller to the Xboxpadmicro, even if I build a controller to db15 cable ?

My dream would be to get the original controller working on all of my Xbox emulators  :notworthy:

Thanks guys !

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
If you want to use original (unmodded) console controllers with an XBox, check out the KADE miniArcade 2.0 and the associated KADE Multi-Out expansion board.
If I understand correctly, there is no way to plug a Nes, Snes, N64 or usb controller to the Xboxpadmicro, even if I build a controller to db15 cable ?

My dream would be to get the original controller working on all of my Xbox emulators
1. USB controllers should work directly with your emulators.

2. XBOXPadMicro isn't designed as an interface for those other controllers -- look into miniArcade 2.0 + Multi-Out board.
What systems does it connect to?
- Generic USB/HID Joypad (USB cable)
- Generic USB/HID Keyboard (USB cable)
- NES/SNES (KADE Multi-Out expansion board)
- Genesis (KADE Multi-Out expansion board) -- 3-button stick (original or second gen. console)
- MSX (KADE Multi-Out expansion board) -- autodetect only (for now)
- Neo Geo AES (KADE Multi-Out expansion board)
- GameCube/Nintendo64 (custom RJ-45 cable)
- PS1/PS2 (custom RJ-45 cable) -- this also allows you to connect to 3DO, Dreamcast, Famicom, Famicom (clone), MegaDrive / Master System, Saturn, Turbo Grafx 16, Xbox 360, and other consoles using commercially available adapter cables
- PS3 (USB cable)
- Wii/WiiU/NES Classic (custom RJ-45 cable)
- WiiU (USB cable)
- Xbox (USB cable + female USB to joystick port adapter cable)

Scott

Pic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:18:31 am
Thanks for you help PL1 !

1. USB controller's doesn't work for me  :'( I tried with a simple usb controller (Microsoft SideWinder game pad) and it doesn't work. I found this post https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/comments/9b16dr/question_about_xbox_port_to_usb_adapters_with/ and they mention Bruno's project to make it work. Everything seems to lead to Bruno's projects ahah

2. I'll check out this board and see if I can make one ! The thing is that I need to access to a fablab or something to build such thing.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Online Online
  • Designated spam hunter
The thing is that I need to access to a fablab or something to build such thing.
The User Guide has a full Bill of Materals (part numbers and links) and page 15 lists some PCB fabricators.

http://www.pcbway.com/
https://www.seeedstudio.com/fusion_pcb.html
https://www.itead.cc/open-pcb.html
http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=111

The Gerber files (used for PCB fabrication) are in the "docs\gerbers" folder.

Scott