Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AOS, ADVMAME Syncing  (Read 2513 times)

Unkis

• Trade Count: (0)
AOS, ADVMAME Syncing
« on: June 12, 2002, 10:11:37 am »
I currently am using Fraggel's Boot CD with AOS and Advmame.  Works great!  Only my V Sync seems out.  Most of the games i run are running 60 Hz according to the Game Information tab in Mame.  When i get the game to sync (via the POT on the Arcade Monitor in the back) and exit to AOS its rolling and i have to move it back.  
 I am aware of the option in AOS to change the V timing and H timing.  I have messed a bit, tried it at 60 since the games are running 60.  But it doesn't work.  Should i try any other options in AOS or Advmame?  I have not modified anything else.
 I am using (according to Advmame) a 19" Nanotec Arcade Monitor currently with a Abit all in Radeon Video card.  I have a Trident Blade 64 coming from Andy soon.  I don't know if that will fix anything going to windows, but would prefer to have it working on both platforms (windows and dos).
 Thanks for any help.

Unkis17
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

wes fisher

Re: AOS, ADVMAME Syncing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 05:08:55 pm »
I'm having the same problem with a 19k4903 monitor in an old SFII cabinet.  I can get the games to sync with the adjustments in the back, but Arcade OS is out of wack ...

thanks in advance,

wes

neuromancer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2006, 04:26:57 pm
  • Can I Play?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 08:04:13 am »
This is similar to the problem I'm having. The Vhold and Hfreq "micro PC pots" are so hard to adjust I'm thinking of hacking the monitor chassis to give it some real knobs.

Bob

wes fisher

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 03:53:10 pm »
Ok, update to my problem ... I can get Arcade OS to display great, and some of the games will be fine when loading (a handful of them), but the majority need a veritcal hold adjustment done to them ...

I'm using advanced mame also and in the advcfg mode, all the modes display ok except the higher resolutions need the adjustment ... maybe I'm having trouble understanding how to tell it not to use the high resolutions?

Any ideas?

-Wes