Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with g27!  (Read 2518 times)

7theye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2016, 11:28:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with g27!
« on: June 05, 2016, 04:29:50 pm »
Hi,

I have a hyperspin cabinet setup and added a g27 racing wheel. it works with MAME but problem is that it isnt very responsive and I need to turn it very far to get the car to move anywhere. Also haveing trouble runnig curisn USA despite an i5 setup (too slow)

Was wondering if someone had an optimum settings for teh G27 for various emulators (including MAME). Thanks

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2024, 02:42:09 pm
Re: Help with g27!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:31 am »
See the driving cab info thread stickied at the top of this forum.

If you haven't already, you'll want to reduce your wheel rotation down to 270 degrees or less.

relevant MAME.ini settings are in the stickied thread.

Analog controls aren't like a joystick cab where you just hook it up and play everything.
There was no standard for them like the JAMMA joystick setup.
There's no consistency in the controls in driving cabs or how they were wired.
The analog control settings in MAME need to be set up for each game individually.

i5 doesn't tell us anything.  It could be a 2Ghz i5 or a 4Ghz i5.
Without more info, my guess is that you have HLSL turned on in MAME and the prescale setting is too high.
Turn off HLSL and see if it makes a difference.
If it does, create a separate ini file for just that game with a lower HLSL prescale.

DarthMarino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2024, 09:34:19 pm
Re: Help with g27!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »
Also, reduce or remove the deadzone in MAME.  The default deadzone might make it feel unresponsive (in addition to using more than 270 degrees).