Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: $25,000 business grant contest  (Read 2573 times)

Mameroom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2020, 04:44:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
$25,000 business grant contest
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:07:48 am »
Please vote for Northcoast custom arcades in the Fedex grant contest! At the very least check out the video we made showcasing our custom capabilities.  Thanks

http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/Gallery/Detail/5b22ed49-50ee-4080-9692-8ff5b2129fce

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2024, 11:22:35 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: $25,000 business grant contest
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:24 am »
Couldn't you just hustle a few more of your $10,000 cabinets rather than begging for votes here?

Mameroom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:56:40 am »
Now, now. Negative nancy.  I don't recall begging. Does that mean we can't get your vote ? :)

Mameroom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:05 am »
Some people wanted to know what we would use the grant money for.  Right now, we buy alot of parts from China.  We would purchase our own equipment so we could become a US based manufacturer and label our parts as "Proudly made in the USA". 

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »
Some people wanted to know what we would use the grant money for.  Right now, we buy alot of parts from China.  We would purchase our own equipment so we could become a US based manufacturer and label our parts as "Proudly made in the USA".

So you are going to outlets like GGG.com and paying 20% mark up prices, for the same Chinese gear.  That sounds like progress.  ::)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Mameroom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:02:04 pm »
I'm not sure if it's just me or if somehow my words have completely different meanings in this forum than what they mean in my head:

I think I'm asking nicely when I say "Please Vote" and some joker thinks I'm begging.

I say that we purchase our parts from China, and that somehow relates to GGG, and yet another reference to money.  :dunno

Thank you for those that have voted.  We are now 30 more votes closer.  Please remember that you can vote every 24 hours.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:58:34 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 09:49:04 am »
Don't fret, PBJ and ark-ader Gotta PBJ and ark-ader.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2024, 11:22:35 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 11:10:29 am »
Stop moaning, I voted for you.  Good luck.

:cheers:

Mameroom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:02 am »
Thank you for you votes.  Some wanted us to elaborate on what we mean by becoming a "US based manufacturer".   We would use the grant money to purchase injection molding machinery and press stamping machines to make our own brand of joysticks.  We would take all of the feedback from users of existing joysticks...what they like and what they don't like, and develop the all-time best joystick on the market.  We would be able to make "Custom" joysticks too. 

Please don't forget to vote every day!
Thanks.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 12:44:16 am »
Thank you for you votes.  Some wanted us to elaborate on what we mean by becoming a "US based manufacturer".   We would use the grant money to purchase injection molding machinery and press stamping machines to make our own brand of joysticks.  We would take all of the feedback from users of existing joysticks...what they like and what they don't like, and develop the all-time best joystick on the market.  We would be able to make "Custom" joysticks too. 

Please don't forget to vote every day!
Thanks.

We already have US based companies developing arcade related parts to an ever dwindling market.  How is this progress?

Some people dream of riches after incredible hard work.  In reality most end up poor and bankrupt.  If you win, take the money and have a nice holiday, than reinventing the wheel.

There again, I believe everyone should experience the hardship of failure, so I voted for you too.  :lol
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2024, 04:09:27 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »
Man I saw this new type of 3d printer demoed and I tell you, I think plastic manufacturing will become a thing of the past in 20 years or so.  It's one of those where you fill a tray with liquid resin and a uv light cures it, but they've managed to control the oxygen level in the vat as well to the point of where there aren't any layers.... it's just one piece... and it can be printed with structural grade plastic in about 15 minutes for a 5"x5" piece. 

I honestly thought 3d printing was a dead end, but after seeing this I could see plastic widget kiosks right next to the photo kiosks at your local Walmart.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2024, 07:20:35 pm
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 07:29:47 am »
Snarky thread fork lovingly cleansed and patted dry.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:46:25 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »
Man I saw this new type of 3d printer demoed and I tell you, I think plastic manufacturing will become a thing of the past in 20 years or so.  It's one of those where you fill a tray with liquid resin and a uv light cures it, but they've managed to control the oxygen level in the vat as well to the point of where there aren't any layers.... it's just one piece... and it can be printed with structural grade plastic in about 15 minutes for a 5"x5" piece. 

I honestly thought 3d printing was a dead end, but after seeing this I could see plastic widget kiosks right next to the photo kiosks at your local Walmart.

oh yeah, a saw that setup, someone posted it on reddit. It looks AMAZING....and it's FAST too. like a 10 hour PLA print on a normal printer is under an hour on this new style.