Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PinKadia: MAME, Pinball, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!  (Read 14646 times)

thagerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
Tron Legacy (STERN) (ULTIMATE) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

After all these years... the Ultimate Tron Legacy STERN virtual pinball cabinet experience is here! ...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHys6_5-pM

When the table first loads, press START (1) to turn on the table!  :)

Features:

- amazing animated 5 RGB flasher effects

- animated explosion and Light Jet machine gun flasher effects, and Light Cycle effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, game modes, and much more

- gear motor operates when shooting at the spinning disc

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- beacon lights up during cinematics and certain game modes

- strobe effects throughout

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!

For SLAMT1LT's newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website:

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Watch the video. This is a really cool table!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:32:14 pm by thagerty »

ndiniz

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I want to make something like this. For starters, what frontend are you using? How much did it cost in Canadian dollars? I'm in the US, so I need to convert to US dollars. Nice rig!!!!!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Front End is Pinball X.

Cost....well I can't give you an accurate total as I just kept adding stuff in over a year.... maybe anywhere between $3000 to $5000?  I already had alot of the electronics and the cabinet was made from scratch. The only real pinball parts I used were the legs, plunger, and launch button, and the coin door was a cheap smaller door.

mafiafan123

• Offline Offline
  • i'd buy that for a dollar
Amazing work! Definitely a fan

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
But here's the million dollar question...

But do you play it? And, if you do, do you enjoy it, or are you finding things that need improved?

thagerty

• Offline Offline

...play it....

....love it....

...always find new things I would love to do with it, and I'm always tweaking things.

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
Yeah this new setup is not your normal vpin.  Just the new software adds alone, I play mine all the time and its not even in a cabinet yet, the effects are enough to keep you interested.

2016 Texas Pinball Festival - Best Arcade In Show - MKX

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Another big difference....unlike arcade cabinets which are focused on mostly playing games....

.... virtual pinball presents opportunities to create games, or contribute to helping to make parts of pinball games.

Sadly....starting next weekend, i will be away from my cabinet for about 4 months for work. Maybe i'll be home on weekends.

Hopefully I can get Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate 1.03) DOFLinx mod done before then...

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Star Wars Death Star Assault (ULTIMATE 1.04) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The most explosive and Ultimate Star Wars pinball experience is here...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIf4j-d8J-4

Features:

- activate the Lightsabers (during attract mode) with the FIRE / 2nd flipper / Special Button
- amazing animated 5 RGB flasher effects
- animated explosion, Tie Fighter, and X-wing blaster RGB flashers effects
- RGB undercab lighting changes based on the intense action
- gear motor operates everytime R2-D2 rotates his head
- shaker motor and blower fan operates for explosions and other table events
- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)
- beacon lights up during cinematics and certain game modes
- strobe effects throughout
- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions
- Millennium Falcon Video mode!
- Chewie gets angry if you don't give him money!
- lots of video clips and sound effects for non-stop action!
- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!

I was glad that I was able to get this done before I'll be gone for 4 months.

Another great video demo that's worth watching to the end....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:32:51 pm by thagerty »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Redhead pee the bed, blame it on a cabbage head.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
just a suggestion, make a DOFLinx thread in either software or pinball section. Post your table updates there. More likely to get seen and it keeps the project thread more focused on the project itself.
2014 Standup UCA Runner Up
2015 Restoration UCA Winner
2016 thomas_surles choice award
2017 International Evil Buddhist Award

Latest project: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150902.0.html
RedheadKingPinball aka GingerBalls

KI to Open Ice Conversion: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,152600.0.html

thagerty

• Offline Offline
just a suggestion, make a DOFLinx thread in either software or pinball section. Post your table updates there. More likely to get seen and it keeps the project thread more focused on the project itself.

I'll definitely consider that when I'm not far away from home for a long time, and I have more time for a dedicated thread (as that will lead to answering alot of questions at first).

Here are a few other videos of DOFLinx mods I did recently for those interested....

Bubble Bobble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9flBx6FlA8

Knight Rider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcbtMBi9NXU

RetroFlair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhs2yyZAew

....and finally a VERY cool Visual Pinball X table. The Walking Dead LE. This has the crossbow, full colour virtual DMD with pretty dots, PWM flashers, and a customized Cleland rom for original music and sounds from the TV show.

I also added my own little mod of the addressable led 5 RGB flashers emulation. Instead of the normal circle shapes, I have it spell out "DEAD". I think it looks pretty cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obw6TiuQMxY

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:35:24 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Transformers  :applaud:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Transformers  :applaud:

I'm waiting for SLAM to finish his update, as its a big update. It's alot of work to transfer over a DOFLinx mod.... I know because I did it like 3 times for Star Wars DSA.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Now I'm finally back home after 4 months...and I'm going to be really busy getting my house ready to sell....but I figured I'd pass along some recent updates that have been going on.

First was my latest DOFLinx mod of DRAKKO's excellent Wipeout for Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8OK2s_rehQ

Next, is a big update of Pinball X. Now it supports video toppers.  A video topper is displayed on a screen above your backglass screen. You can have Pinball X display a video here while browsing, but also while actually playing your game.  For me, I make use of this for the upper half of my dual middle screen. This makes my life soooo much easier. Now I finally have all of my media properly caught up and formatted to use with this for VPX, PFX2, and Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aMQEkVi_u0

Lastly...  I decided to finally add in Letters and Shapes to DOF R3's   *shapes.xml file to be used with addressable leds for all tables.  After bugging poor Arngrim, he's added them to the DOF Config Tool!  So now everyone can use them!

Here's a quick video showing a few examples of a simple 5 flasher replacement for Tales of the Arabian Nights "TOTAN", Theatre of Magic "MAGIC", and Walking Dead  "DEAD".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrfPIcnw2U

I've also decided to try dabbling into doing DOF'ing for VP.  I've added full effects and animation for addressable leds for ACDC LE for VPX.  I'll have a video up soon enough to show that off!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:39:04 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
AC/DC LE for VPX. Such an amazing table. Gorgeous.

I think it deserves something special....   how about some cool new addressable leds matrix effects, animation, letters and words that appear for almost everything throughout the table events.

I present to you...my 1st ever DOF mod for a VP table. The AC/DC cabinet "FIRE" edition!  ;)    I added in all the DOF for addressable leds, as well as a couple of beacon and FIRE button functions! (Arngrim already had the normal DOF stuff done)

Some effects included are:

- animated effects for the electric spinner,

- animated effects for the bell

- letters that light up (with effects) for each target (AC/DC, TNT, ROCK) and the AXE rollovers

- animated effects and the word "FIRE" that show up when the cannon is ready to fire

- side rail effects for each ramp

- bumper and slingshot effects

- side rail effects for drain

- 5 flasher emulation on the side strips, positioned where they are on the playfield

Here is a video demonstration a bunch of gameplay in my cabinet. You've never seen a VP table look quite like this.....

https://youtu.be/st87vW35-nI

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:41:03 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
You Have the POWER!!!  with my MASTERED Edition update to "Rom's" excellent "Masters of the Universe" Future Pinball table. I've also created an "all-new" DOFLinx cabinet mod as well. This table mod is inspired by SLAMT1LT's tables as well as the newer pinball machines (from JJP, Stern, Heighway Pinball) that now use monitors instead of DMDs.

A video demonstration that shows off all the features of the MASTERED Edition as well as the DOFLinx mod can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/O_5w4ocVInI

MASTERED Edition:

- new backglass with various fanart. Formatted specifically to work with 16:9, and 4:3 screens.
- new full motion video sequences for almost all table actions and modes. These are NEW hi-resolution video clips that now appear on the backglass (and display HUD for desktop users)
- new info display shown on backglass
- new sound clips

Watch Prince Adam dance to the beat (and the animated matching flashers) of Castle Multi-Ball!

Experience the woosh of blower-fan air from Ripper Multi-Ball.

FEEL the POWER (and shaker motor) when you become HE-MAN and see your power emanate from the flashers.

FEAR Skeletor as he launches his devastating 9-Ball Multi-Ball and watch him laugh at you on the backglass.

Go beyond the days of DMDs and see full hi resolution videos and info displays on the new animated backglass.

Don't be a cheap skate, or Skeletor will get angry!

With 1000's of images, and new sounds...this makes for a MOTU experience like no other, and a Pinball experience found nowhere else!

DOFLinx Cabinet Edition:

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc
-gear motor for Castle Grayskull, Ripper, and He-Man
-shaker motor feedback to feel the power and action
-blower fan feedback for Ripper ramp
-5 RGB flasher animated effects
-RGB under cabinet lighting
-beacon and strobe effects
-coin, start, and launch button leds

A normal Desktop version of the MASTERED Edition as well as a DOFLinx Cabinet version of the MASTERED Edition will be on PinSimDB when approved.

Here are some still pics from the Desktop version.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:44:12 pm by thagerty »

Namco

• Offline Offline
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
Uh, Terry?...Please update your photobucket account :P

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:05:52 am by Namco »

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Unfortunately Photobucket changed their TOS.... so now I basically have to PAY them now if I want to host my pics, as apparently they are too popular.   :(

I'm not playing that game...so I need to find another free hosting service that won't hold my pics hostage. If anyone has good suggestions, please let me know.

Once I do, I will have to edit ALL of my posts to the new site's links... which will take a long time.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
I need to find another free hosting service that won't hold my pics hostage. If anyone has good suggestions, please let me know.
I've heard that arcadecontrols.com will provide free hosting for your pics.*   ::)

Scott

* Cheesecake thread posts and spam excluded.  :lol
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:40:48 am by PL1 »

Namco

• Offline Offline
    • Freddo Mame Project

Unfortunately Photobucket changed their TOS.... so now I basically have to PAY them now if I want to host my pics, as apparently they are too popular.   :(

I'm not playing that game...so I need to find another free hosting service that won't hold my pics hostage. If anyone has good suggestions, please let me know.

Once I do, I will have to edit ALL of my posts to the new site's links... which will take a long time.

Fair enough, it's not too hard to just click on one of the links and see them on photobucket 1st person. I'm going to start cutting soon on a sorta bartop pinball with a trackball and 4-way stick, so Pinkadia is an obvious inspiration.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
I need to find another free hosting service that won't hold my pics hostage. If anyone has good suggestions, please let me know.
I've heard that arcadecontrols.com will provide free hosting for your pics.*   ::)
This.

Post them here:  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149895.msg1622199.html#msg1622199
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

1500points

• Offline Offline
    • How to succeed at Robotron
I have been wanting to build one of these for years but can't quite seem to get onto the on ramp with all of the bits and pieces to accomplish it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thagerty

• Offline Offline

As for photobucket being lame....

I've been slowly getting all the pics hosted and linked on a new site.... starting from the first post on. Should be done later tonight.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

....and..... it's done. All pics should now show up in the posts. Hope I never have to do that again.

Britxpatusa

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

rablack97

• Offline Offline
WTH SlamT1lt stopped releasing tables  :badmood: :hissy: :angry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Well, I'd like to say that this post is about an upgrade to the pincab, but....

We just moved to Ottawa this week. Its been a long couple of weeks of packing, loading, cleaning, and living in a hotel with myself, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. VERY tiring.

We were happy to finally take possession of our new home, and to see the moving truck arrive with all of our stuff. The move went amazingly well without any real scratches or damages to the house.

Amazingly, our items arrived undamaged.... except for "one" thing......

:(

Namco

• Offline Offline
    • Freddo Mame Project
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sorry to see that, man. See, I knew you should have put glass in there! When I make mine, I'm putting plexi. Well now you can upgrade the display. 4k, perhaps?

Richie_jones

• Offline Offline
NOooooo..haha just read this entire thread and now this!!, Time for some more mods??

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • RetroPie all the way!
I am not crying easily, but this almost got me going... This is such a shame. I just love this build. Pleasssse fix it asap, as it deserves it!

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Small video of the new mancave space....in a total mess of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7ORJ7BXrI

Cabinet should be up and running soon....

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • RetroPie all the way!

Clean up your Windows desktop!  ;D

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Clean up your Windows desktop!  ;D

Lol...I've heard that from 3 people today.... 

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Ok, so now I'm a much happier man. My mancave is mostly up and running. PinKadia is alive again, and the simpit is shaking the house again after a long absence... driving my wife crazy!

Here's a video tour describing what I have, and how everything works and is wired together and how VR is setup to work with everything. I show off the simpit and how my 12 transducer telemetry feedback setup works and you also get to "hear" how it works too! It is amazing combined with VR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHKb9YML8w

If want to skip right to the simpit demo then go here....

https://youtu.be/jKHKb9YML8w?t=5m2s

Just waiting for the new TV to get replaced, then I'll make a stand for that to go over the simpit to bring the screen closer.  Then the last screen and game consoles will go the the unused space.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Everytime you say mancave, I want to punch a kitten.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Hahaha....I knew this was coming.  I honestly haven't said "mancave" much since my post from way back, when it annoyed you before. After watching the video I knew I'd hear about it here (but nowhere else it seems).

:)

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

Hahaha....I knew this was coming.  I honestly haven't said "mancave" much since my post from way back, when it annoyed you before. After watching the video I knew I'd hear about it here (but nowhere else it seems).

:)

Think of the kittens, bro. Think of the kittens. :cheers:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Apparently its not just you guys who hate "mancave". A friend of mine who runs vpinball.com also hates that term.  I'll just call it Gameroom from now on.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:42:48 pm by thagerty »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

Apparently its not just you guys who have "mancave". A friend of mine who runs vpinball.com also hates that term.  I'll just call it Gameroom from now on.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31