Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Microswitch for sanwa jlw-tm-8  (Read 1881 times)

sublimejhn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2015, 02:47:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Microswitch for sanwa jlw-tm-8
« on: December 25, 2015, 02:47:24 am »
Hello. I built my arcade cab about 4 years ago now, and unfortunately I haven't been able to use it for years. A few months after building it, my right movements became hit or miss on my sanwa jlw-tm-8 joystick. I messed with the wiring from time to time, but was never able to get it working. When I am playing I will often have my right movements not register, until I recenter the joystick and push right again. Thinking it was a wiring issue, I would get frustrated and not mess with it for a few months, then try again and fail.

The issue has gotten progressively worse, and I recently moved the microswitch to the down position. Now with a completely different ground and main wire, I have the same issue. I think it is safe to say at this point it is the microswitch. Kind of annoying considering I never used this cab very often, and I have had this issue since a few months in. But either way, I would like to get it fixed at this point. Obviously I can just buy a new microswitch, but which one? I would like the same switches the rest of the joystick uses, so it feels and works the same as the other 3 directions. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to get the switch replaced and get my cab back up and running? Thanks!