Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA - Converting a Twin cabinet "correctly".  (Read 39306 times)

Vegetable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2019, 06:35:11 am
Re: Daytona USA - Converting a Twin cabinet "correctly".
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2019, 05:45:09 am »
Thanks - I had calibrated in Windows early on in the conversion - so I've now reset that to default: but unfortunately the problem remains. Seems strange, as I can't think why there'd even be any feedback at that point in Sega Rally (but never having played the real thing, I have no idea).

I did have to take apart the whole steering assembly, so it's entirely possible the pot centre position is not what it should be - any idea what the correct centre value should be (I guess I could plug it into the drive board and use the 7 segment display). In Model2 emulator calibration reports Min as 9024, centre is about 32700 and Max is 56669.

One other question: what does the small pot on the driveboard do? Mine is currently turned all the way in one direction, but I can't find any mention of it on the online Daytona manuals.

TobiasRieper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2019, 04:23:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »
Hi SailorSat.  Ive given daytona a break but im back to it again. The gears shift from 1,2 3 and then when i shift to 4 it goes to 3 again. Also the vr blue button registers input but the lamp does not light. All the others light and ive checked the connections. Any idea what they could be? Thanks :)

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2019, 10:29:50 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2019, 07:22:06 pm »
Did you cross check the blue buttons bulb in the other buttons?
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

TobiasRieper

• Offline Offline
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2019, 07:25:28 pm »
No but i did try another set on buttons from another car. I will swap bulbs tommorow. Its the gears i really need to fix :)

TobiasRieper

• Offline Offline
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2019, 07:39:45 pm »
I may try another gear stick? Maybe im just not doing it right. I double click the shift 1 key in emu whilst holding gear postition 1, i do the same for postition 2,3 and 4 etc.

Vegetable

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2019, 06:35:11 am
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2019, 07:31:27 am »
Any ideas on things I could try to fix the odd behaviour of the FFB on my setup? Do the FFB settings in the Model2 config file need to be fiddled with?

TobiasRieper

• Offline Offline
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2019, 04:23:06 am »
Hi Sailorsat.  Good news: All the shifters work!  Bad news is my ffb  no longer works. I re did all the connections and everything works apart from the force feedback. This had worked before without a problem. If anyone could help me that would be great. Pin 9 is connected to adying,  anyone know what could be missing? Is there a checklist of wires I need to make sure that the feedback works? I figured out the blue light faulty ULN module.

If anyone could help me that would be amazing. I'm tearing my hair out .

discoman101

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2019, 10:16:04 am
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:38 am »
Hello SailorSat

I have been reading your Topic: Daytona USA - Converting a Twin cabinet "correctly"

I have some cabinets i am converting but i am using some newer games on them:

- Daytona USA 3
- Mario Kart DX

i would like to also have the start and change view light and race leader lights to work with the games when i set them up in the new cabinets.

Is this something you can help me with please, i am not sure if i use a PACDrive or Arduino board.

Any help with my project would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Regards Paul

eviltracy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2019, 02:49:04 am
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2019, 02:18:48 am »
Hi,

Do you have any of the kits available, or board cad files/schematics for sale?  I have a single daytona cabinet with a bad video board, and would love to convert it to a PC.

Thank you!

polasky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:09:29 pm
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »
Hi.
You sell 2xkits for my Daytona twin?
Price?

RenegadeR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:11:50 am
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2019, 08:07:07 pm »
So I am converting my Daytona 2 USA deluxe into a multi racer. I use an arduino mega and hoodloader2 to make the arduino act as a usb controller, i made my own little program to capture output data like from supermodel 3 and mame and the m2emulator (I used a cheat engine finder to look for the force feedback codes in m2emulato) so games like Scud race, Daytona 2, Dirt Devils and Emergency Call Ambulance work very nice and with good force feedback, I also got Sega Rally 2 to work but feedback isnt correct yet, so I also did something similar like SailorSat I presume, so in my program i made special force feedback commands for games like original Outrun, Turbo Outrun and Outrunners will do more later but they feel good and I have an Outrun Deluxe and the feedback on my Daytona 2 deluxe cabinet feels pretty close to the real deal :)

Now for my question, did anyone do a model 2 to model 3 code conversion, for now i ignore 0x70 and up and all below 0x10 that i get from m2 emulator but its far from perfect so did anyone make some table with the good conversion codes model 2 to 3?

Thanks!

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:38:32 am
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2019, 02:24:54 am »
Waiting for a response to your question, I have one for you: would you mind opening a new thread where to share your project and code? I think arduino will be used more and more in the future, but at the moment there are only fragmented infos here and there of projects like yours. This makes difficult for arduino newbies understand how powerful the thing is. And on a side note: why did you use a Mega with flashed firmware instead of DUE that, as you know, emulates HID by default?
(Sorry for the OT and thanks)

RenegadeR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:11:50 am
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
so I use https://github.com/NicoHood/HoodLoader2 as a base for my code, it makes the 16u2 and the mega2560 available separately the 16u2 emulates the hid device and the mega 2560 does the input/output and I do a 250k bps serial connection between them to send data between them. So I am not sure if I can even make a thread as this is my second reply on this forum.

So I started this like 4 years ago hence the Arduino mega, but it stopped back then with the birth of my daughter, and now for the last 3 weeks I am working on it again and getting some really good results now.

Now I am working on the HyperSpin/Rocketlauncher interface will do some more testing today in my Daytona 2 deluxe cab.