Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vewlix-L Setup  (Read 3557 times)

lacanian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2021, 06:59:26 am
  • Go FightCade!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143714.0.html
Vewlix-L Setup
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »
My mate called me the other day wanting an arcade machine and of course me to build it for him. This is what has arrived. It's going to have a PC/HyperSpin setup possible including a PS3, XBOX 360 or all of them.

I heard that the L's had a crappy Samsung or Wei-Ya monitor. This one has a Sharp LK315T3LA57 TFT-LCD screen. The specs are:
- Display Size: 31.5"
- Resolution: 1366x768 (WXGA)
- Brightness: 500 cd/m2 (Typ.)
- Contrast Ratio: 2500:1 (Typ.)
- Display Colours: 16.7M (8-bit)

Now if I understand this correctly the monitor only needs a +12V DC input.

It has a a generic Sega, Namco and Taito I/O board with built-in Amplifier that is suitable for Naomi I, Naomi II, Namco 246 System, 256 System, Taito Type X and Taito Type X2 motherboard. So you plug the JAMMA harness into here, and everything else into the I/O board.

We also have a VGA to EGA/CGA converter board.

Two power sockets internally. Love it. I can hook up a power board easily if I put multiple systems in it.

And more power pics.

Stay tuned to see how the setup works out.

Does anyone have a manual which details what each colour wire is used for?

lacanian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2021, 06:59:26 am
  • Go FightCade!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143714.0.html
Re: Vewlix-L Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 04:31:17 am »
First step.
Wiring the iPac to a JAMMA fingerboard for the buttons.

I have button 7 wired directly to the iPac.

The iPac is now tucked away in a nice little box. (Cable ties are on there way). There is also a PacLink adaptor coming out of there if the need arises.

As all the CP looms are connected to the JAMMA harness the easiest thing to do was just wire up a fingerboard.

The two wires that don't have a cable tie are for the sound. I am currently troubleshooting on the best way to get stereo sound on the system through an amp which is in a separate thread.

Nestafari

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2019, 09:08:58 am
Re: Vewlix-L Setup
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:13:34 pm »
 :applaud:
Space Simpsons cab in progress