Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Electric ice2 Buttons  (Read 1349 times)

portugese pirate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2019, 05:51:25 pm
Electric ice2 Buttons
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:54:45 pm »
I have 18 Electrice ice 2 buttons and minipac that I purchased awhile ago. The buttons have no leds in them. Id like to know if anyone has any budget minded way on how to light these up (rgb). I also wanto know what you guys think about the minipac. Ive used Ipac2's before but never a minipac. thanks in advance for any help. The buttons might be electric ice buttons not electric ice2....dont know the difference

ChanceKJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
Re: Electric ice2 Buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:32 pm »
the dirt cheapest way i can think of is retrofit a string of small christmas light LEDS.  get white ones. and some wire strippers.

(I'm really not kidding.)

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
Re: Electric ice2 Buttons
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
the dirt cheapest way i can think of is retrofit a string of small christmas light LEDS.  get white ones. and some wire strippers.

(I'm really not kidding.)

He wanted RGB though, so white wouldn't work for him.

It's late, so he likely missed any of the after Christmas sales anyways, so his choice now would be to hit up eBay or DX.com after he chooses his desired controller. The PacLED64 and LED-Wiz uses common anode RGD LEDs, if another controller is chosen, the OP will need to do his due diligence.

Op can also hit up Digikey or Mouser for LED's but while those are guaranteed quality, they're also expensive as hell.

Don't forget the resistors if the controller needs them.

To the OP, the products by Ultimarc are good and they have excellent support. Just pick what fits your needs and go with it.

I don't actually own Ultimarc's controllers as I tend to build my own. But if I wasn't doing that, they're definitely worth considering.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:10:48 pm by SavannahLion »