Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone here good at wood repairs?  (Read 858 times)

Deadpool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2015, 02:59:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Anyone here good at wood repairs?
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:47:50 pm »
Does anyone here have extensive time repairing wood?  The situation is this, I was in the process of moving my very expensive dresser upstairs and in the process scrapped up the trim around one of the drawers.  I'm wondering about how to fix this.  Should I just take the trim off completely and find some trim that looks like it? or is there a putty that I can somewhat mold like the rest of the trim and then sand it down and paint it?   If this gets anywhere I will upload a photo later showing what I mean.

Thanks!
Checkout my blog retroarcadegamer - a blog about retro gaming
Recent purchase: Bespoke Arcades Apex Elite cab

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2019, 02:25:09 pm
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
Re: Anyone here good at wood repairs?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
How deep are the scratches?  You might want to spend the money and just pick up a set of patch crayons.  They are high density wax crayons in a variety wood grain colors.  They will color in the scratch and in-fill a little bit.  I used to deliver furniture and we kept a set in the truck for accidents.

Deadpool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2015, 02:59:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Anyone here good at wood repairs?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »
Its not that they are scratches, as much as the wood was scrapped away by the door we were trying to get it through.  I should be able to get a picture of it in a few hours.
Checkout my blog retroarcadegamer - a blog about retro gaming
Recent purchase: Bespoke Arcades Apex Elite cab